Fifteen Computer/IT labs with 300 work-stations connected to internet supported by a 3 mbps leased line are available for use of the Students. It is also equipped with a wide range of licensed system software and applications software. The entire campus is connected with Wi-Fi network.Lab Support Staffs are also regularly available to assist students in planning and implementing their projects.
Chemistry and Physics labs with well equipped instruments are available for the Students. Support Staff are always available to assist students to perform experiments and practicals.
Electronics & Telecommunication Labs
Various labs namely, Electronics & Logic Circuits, Microprocessor Lab, Electronic Circuits and Microcontroller, Digital Design Lab, Communication Lab & Advanced Communication Lab have been set up for the use of Students of all streams.
Chemical, Mechanical and Civil Engineering Lab
The School have well equipped Labs for Chemical, Mechanical and Civil Engineering studies for all streams supported by qualified Lab Instructors.
The Audio Interactive Language Lab
NMIMS has pioneered the initiative of scientifically assisting students in preparing for group discussions or job interviews by developing an Audio Interactive Language Lab on the campus.
All classrooms in the Campus are air conditioned and have ceiling mounted LCDs with facility of Mikes, Speakers and Amplifiers. Most of the classrooms have a capacity of 25 to 60 seats. MPSTME has well equipped Seminar Hall, Drawing Hall and Conference hall for various programs.
Bosch ‘Centre of Excellence in Industrial Automation’
Rexroth Bosch, world leader in the field of Industrial Automation, and NMIMS, Deemed University, one of India’s prime centers of educational excellence & research, have signed an MoU to set up a ‘Centre of Excellence in Industrial Automation’ with an investment of approximate Rs. 10 crores. This Centre of Excellence is being set up in NMIMS Deemed to be University’s Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering (MPSTME) campuses at Mumbai and Shirpur. It will be the first of set up of its kind in the entire western region of the country, and shall include four state-of-the-art laboratories.
The four laboratories in Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Mechatronics and PLC and Sensorics will have components, setups and configurations that are used in the industry. Along with these laboratories, a robotics laboratory having a 360 degree robot will be also setup. These laboratories are going to serve as a state-of-the-art facility for technological integration and learning along with curriculum for the students of MPSTME engaged in branches of Mechanical, Computer, IT and Electronics. Students will not only be conducting experiments on these setups but also undertake live projects from industry.
This Centre of Excellence will also facilitate research and development, and training personnel from industry. As a part of this project, the 19 faculty members and 4 technical supporting staff of MPSTME have been already trained at the BOSCH-VTU centre of excellence at Mysore for a period of 3 weeks. As a part of the MoU, 4 faculty members of MPSTME will subsequently receive advanced training in Germany for a period of 8 days.
The infrastructure work for both the centers is complete. Payment for all the setups except the Robotics Lab. is pending. The equipment has been delivered at MPSTME, Mumbai. Equipment at both the campuses will installed by the third week of July. The set ups will be ready for usage from the ensuing academic year i.e. 2013-14. The BoS for each specialization has planned for utilization of each laboratory in respective programs.
- Accenture Innovation Lab :
- Inauguration of Accenture Innovation Lab by Mr. Shanti Prakash Motwani – Managing Director of Accenture on 15th Dec’12. Delegates from Accenture and NMIMS with MPSTME Faculties graced the event.
- Mr. Shanti Prakash Motwani – Sr. Executive Accenture
- Mr. Prakash Cherath – Sr. Manager Accenture
- M.S.Vetrivel Vetri – Lead ERP – (Accenture Innovation Center, HSIPP, ERP – Campus Initiative)
- Dr. Jayant Gandhi – Mentor – MPSTME
- Dr. Rajan Saxena – VC , NMIMS
- Dr. Sharad Mhaiskar – Dean, MPSTME
- Dr. Vijay Raisinghani – Associate Dean, MPSTME
- Dr. Satish Modh – Dean Technology Management MPSTME
- Dr. Gurumurthy Kalyanaram, – Dean Research NMIMS
- The Akash Center :
- Computer Engineering department has received the recognition as “The Aakash center” for Aakash R&D project in the month of May 2013. This project is initiative of Govt. of India and IIT Bombay under the national mission on education through ICT for empowerment of teachers and students through synchronous and Asynchronous instructions. The Aakash center Co-coordinator at MPSTME: Dr. Dhirendra Mishra, Computer Engg Department
- ASM student Chapter :
- ASM INTERNATIONAL (Earlier known as American Society Of Materials) inaugurated it’s student chapter at Mukesh patel school of Technology Management And Engineering on 15th of April 2013. This inauguration had various industrialist ,faculty members and over 50 Student members of ASM INTERNATIONAL. Mr. Raju Hirve (Guest speaker) M.Tech. Metallurgy (I.I.T. Bombay) the Director of Intercon enlightened the students on various metallurgical process and briefed the students about the world of Materials.
- IIT Mumbai Remote Centre :
- Computer Engineering department has managed to get the IIT Bombay ‘Remote Centre’ status for MPSTME, Mumbai campus. MPSTME is identified As ‘Remote Centre’ by IIT Bombay to conduct the IIT Bombay workshops (using video conferencing) approved by MHRD and ISTE. This makes our school a part of the National project managed by MHRD and IIT Bombay known as “National Mission for Education through ICT.Empowerment Of Students And Teachers Through Synchronous And Asynchronous Instruction”. http://220.127.116.11/nmeict/index.php. The listing of our school can be found on the website:http://18.104.22.168/nmeict/wsmng/allrc.php?page=4
- Black-Berry Lab Installation :
- The former DBMS Lab, 3rd Floor has been installed with the required hardware & software i.e. Blackberry 10 Native SDK and Cascades and now is called as BlackBerry Lab. Prof. Pratidnya Hegde Patil started conducting the course “Mobile Application Development” for MCA, Sem V from 29th July 2013 which has the content of BlackBerry 10 Native SDK and Cascades.
- Microsoft IT Academy program:
- Computer Engineering department has initiated and successfully completed the process of getting MoU Signed for MPSTME to become Microsoft IT Academy program member. MPSTME is recognised member of Microsoft IT Academy. Under this initiative we can conduct various additional training programs for our students and faculties to train them on microsoft technology products. This will make our students industry ready and it’ll provide opportunity to our faculties to get trained on latest microsoft softwares/tools that can be utilised by them for their research and other activities.