Unique Features of the Program
Four year Full Time B.Tech. in the following disciplines with the intake mentioned against each is offered at the Mumbai and Shirpur Campus.
Civil Engineering – 60 Seats
- The modern facilities to provide ambience and support for curricula and extra curricula activities for the overall development of students.
- The dedicated, qualified faculty to ensure high standard of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation processes.
- The periodic review and revision of curricula based on feedback from the industry with quick response to ensure the relevance of the programs to the changing needs of industry.
- Semester system with proper planning to utilize the resources effectively and efficiently.
- The industry visits and industry based project work as part of the curricula to get recognition and reward to the students in the form of job offer or support for further studies and research.
The course structures for various B.Tech. programs are given in subsequent pages, which are subject to review and revision by the Board of Studies in Engineering Sciences and approval of the Academic Council of the University.
Create competent Civil Engineering professionals and employable individuals with sound technical and management credentials to take part in state-of-the-art infrastructural development with global ensign for the benefit of the society.
- Provide quality education in conformity with advancements in technology and management
- Encourage relevant research, development and entrepreneurship qualities in students, faculty and staff through teamwork
- Develop strong industry institute linkages to ascertain and resolve the socio-economic problems of infrastructure with due consideration to safety and economy in ethical manner
Board of Studies
- Dr. V. M.Topkar (External Member), Deputy Director, VJTI
- Dr. A.R. Kambekar(External Member), Associate Professor, SPCE
- Dr. H.M. Raje(External Member), Structural Consultant/Practicing Engineer
- Mr. V.B. Vanvari(External Member), Head, Civil ENGG. Dept
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
The objectives of the Civil Engineering Program are to develop Civil Engineering graduates who are prepared to -
- Practice the profession of Civil Engineering with competence, professionalism and competitiveness in various facets like design, construction and project management.
- Pursue personal and professional growth with superior work ethics and work character.
- Pursue advanced studies and research at post graduate level.
Program Outcome (POs):
Program Outcomes of the Civil Engineering program will give the graduates -
- Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals for the solution of complex engineering problems in general and civil engineering problems in particular.
- Ability to identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex civil engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Ability to design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Capacity to use research-based knowledge and research-methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions to civil engineering problems.
- Skills to create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools for civil engineering challenges.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to civil engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of civil engineering practice.
- Ability to function effectively as an individual , and as member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Capacity to communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large.
- Skills to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work.
- Background to recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong-learning in the broad context of technological change.
- Ability to perceive a civil engineering project from its conception to execution along with the inputs required for such a project.
Teaching, Learning And Evaluation
Curriculum for the program includes adequate balance of fundamental / foundation, core and elective courses. The courses are based on a credit structure with 22-26 credit per semester totalling to around 180 credits over for the entire B Tech Program. Every course is assigned lectures, practicals and tutorials as per requirement. Students also undergo technical entrepreneurship and project in the 4th year. The program course content is reviewed every year with industry inputs and participation.
The school encourages students to learn through experiential mode along with class room delivery. The delivery is very actively supported by Black Board Learning Management System (BBLMS). The BBLMS facilitates learning beyond classroom through YouTube and other online content available on the net. Through this innovative teaching and learning process, students have ample opportunity to learn through different modes. The curriculum also emphasises on continuous self-learning.
Evaluation is based on continuous assessment throughout semester with appropriate weightage for in semester work, as well as end semester exams. Different modes of evaluation like open book exam, quiz and viva are available for the faculty to ensure attainment of course and program out-comes as defined above.
To address the ‘ Ý ’Generation needs which expects 24x7 online learning content as a supplement to the classroom learning, several modes of delivery are available, in addition to project based learning, implementation of technology, projects executed in the industry, participation in international competitions, group work etc. This innovation in Pedagogy ensures that students have several learning opportunities matching to their aspirations.