B.TECH. ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
About The Program
The core electrical engineering branch has penetrated in to several domains. Extensive research is being carried out in several areas like alternative and renewable energy systems, control and automation. The energy sector and allied fields are bound to grow at an exponential rate in the future and will be a major contributor to GDP of India. The contribution to the GDP can be further boosted by introducing newer technologies and efficient management practices.
NMIMS is initiating a 4 year B. Tech. in Electrical Engineering to generate valuable human resources to address the needs of this sector.
Unique Features of the Program
- The modern facilities to provide ambience and support for curriculum and extra curriculum activities for the overall development of students.
- The dedicated, qualified faculty to ensure high standard of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation processes.
- The periodic review and revision of curriculum based on feedback from the industry with quick response to ensure the relevance of the programs to the changing needs of industry.
- Semester system with proper planning to utilize the resources effectively and efficiently.
- The industry visits and industry based project work as part of the curriculum to get recognition and reward to the students in the form of job offers or support for further studies and research.
Basic Applied Mathematics
Basic Electrical Engineering
C/C++ Basic Programming
Advance applied Mathematics Introduction to Data Science and Spread Sheet
Basic Electronics, Computer Organization and Architecture
C/C++ Advanced Programming
Constitution of India
Engineering Mathematics – III
Network Analysis and Synthesis
Energy Resources and Generation
Measurements and Instrumentation
Simulation of Electrical Circuits
Engineering Mathematics – IV
Electrical Machines - I
Electromagnetic Field Theory
Digital Circuits and Systems
Signals and Systems
Control Systems - I
Electrical Machines - II
Electrical Power - I
Microprocessor and Real Time Programming
Implementation of Technology
Control Systems - II
Electrical Power - II
Switchgear and Protection
Electric Drives and Tractions
Digital Signal Processing
Industrial Economics and Management
Electrical System Design
Power System Operation and Control
Testing, Commissioning and Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
Power Electronics in Power Systems
Advanced Power Electronics
Introduction to Automation
Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicle Technology
Power System Planning and Reliability
High Voltage Engineering
Power System Stability
Computer Aided Power System Analysis
Energy Management and Audit