ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Unique Features of the Program
Four year Full Time B.Tech. in the following disciplines with the intake mentioned against each is offered at the Mumbai and Shirpur Campus.
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering – 60 Seats
- The modern facilities to provide ambience and support for curricula and extra curricula activities for the overall development of students.
- The dedicated, qualified faculty to ensure high standard of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation processes.
- The periodic review and revision of curricula based on feedback from the industry with quick response to ensure the relevance of the programs to the changing needs of industry.
- Trimester system with proper planning to utilize the resources effectively and efficiently.
- The industry visits and industry based project work as part of the curricula to get recognition and reward to the students in the form of job offer or support for further studies and research.
The course structures for various B.Tech. programs are given in subsequent pages, which are subject to review and revision by the Board of Studies in Engineering Sciences and approval of the Academic Council of the University.
- Image Processing
- Advanced Microcontrollers
- Programming in JAVA
- Introduction to Automation
- Industrial Electronics and Applications
- VLSI Design and Technology
- Broadband Technology
To build a strong teaching and research environment that caters to the needs of fast growing telecommunication domain.
Board of Studies
- Prof. N.S.T. Sai (External Member), Technical Advisor, Tech Mahindra
- Prof. K.S. Kinage (External Member), Associate Professor and HOD, EXTC, D.J.Sanghavi College of Engg.
- Mr. Saurav Srivashtav (External Member), NEC, India
- Mr. Ramani Iyer Expert (Ex. C.G.M.,DOT)(External Member)
- Dr. T. S. Rathore (External Member), Dean – R & D Dept., St. Fransis
- Ms. Sivakamy Rajgopalan (External Member), Deputy Director General Public Grievance, DOT, Mumbai
- Dr. Amit Deshmukh (External Member), HOD – EXTC Dept
- Provide internationally recognized leaders in Electronics and Telecommunication, through a continuously improving educational program incorporating applied engineering aspects.
- Create the knowledge of fundamental principles and innovative technologies through research in the area of Electronics and Telecommunication and hence teach the students the necessary research skills which satisfy the needs of growing economy.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- Adapt to emerging communication technologies and excel in professional career.
- Pursue higher education and contribute to technology through research.
- Exhibit leadership qualities and satisfy the technological needs of the society.
Program Outcome (POs):
The graduates will have the ability to :
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering fundamentals appropriate to the discipline.
- Analyze an Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering problem, identify and formulate the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a communication-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct experiments, analyze, interpret data and be able to arrive at conclusions for real world complex problems in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
- Use modern engineering tools to resolve complex Telecommunication Engineering problems.
- Analyze the local and global impact of telecommunication technology on individuals, organizations, society and be able to give justifiable reasoning.
- Analyze the need, sustainability and effect on environment created by Electronics and Telecommunication technology.
- Understand professional, ethical, legal and security issues and responsibilities.
- Function effectively as an individual in a team, including diverse and multidisciplinary targets, to accomplish a common goal.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Understand Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects.
- Recognize the need of telecommunication and allied technologies and update one and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning.
Teaching, Learning and Evaluation
Curriculum for the program includes adequate balance of fundamental / foundation, core and elective courses. The courses are based on a credit structure with 22-26 credit per semester totalling to around 180 credits over for the entire B Tech Program. Every course is assigned lectures, practicals and tutorials as per requirement. Students also undergo technical entrepreneurship and project in the 4th year. The program course content is reviewed every year with industry inputs and participation.
The school encourages students to learn through experiential mode along with class room delivery. The delivery is very actively supported by Black Board Learning Management System (BBLMS). The BBLMS facilitates learning beyond classroom through YouTube and other online content available on the net. Through this innovative teaching and learning process, students have ample opportunity to learn through different modes. The curriculum also emphasises on continuous self-learning.
Evaluation is based on continuous assessment throughout semester with appropriate weightage for in semester work, as well as end semester exams. Different modes of evaluation like open book exam, quiz and viva are available for the faculty to ensure attainment of course and program out-comes as defined above.
To address the ‘ Ý ’Generation needs which expects 24x7 online learning content as a supplement to the classroom learning, several modes of delivery are available, in addition to project based learning, implementation of technology, projects executed in the industry, participation in international competitions, group work etc. This innovation in Pedagogy ensures that students have several learning opportunities matching to their aspirations.
Students completing the program are found to be highly employable due to the innovative teaching – learning process adopted along with different modes of evaluation. Due to the emphasis on continuous self-learning, students are ready to undertake research in different emerging and disrupting technologies. Several opportunities are available to the students to pursue entrepreneurial traits leading to initiation of start-ups.