(6 Years Integrated Diploma & Degree Program)
MPSTME has initiated a unique six year B.Tech. Program for 10+ students from the academic year 2014-15. The program is being initialized with industry and academia inputs. It has been found from the inputs that 80-90 % students after their diploma opt for degree programs to enhance their career prospects. When they do take admission for degree programs, there is a lot of overlap in the technical content while the lateral entry students lack in mathematics foundation. This program will bridge the shortcomings and prepare the students for a career in the industry.
(6 Years Integrated Diploma & Degree Program for 10th + Students)
Unique Features of the Program
- Six year Integrated Diploma & Degree program
- Degree in Civil ,Computer, Electronics and Telecommunications, and Mechanical Engineering with opportunity to pursue B. Tech. in Mechatronics for meritorious students.
- Well-knit curricula eliminating overlap and enhancing mathematics component lacking in diploma students
- Curriculum co-designed with active industry and professional bodies participation
- Different modes of delivery like on line learning, experiential learning, summer courses etc.
- State of the Art laboratories and classroom facilities
- Highly qualified and Competent faculty involved in teaching as well a research
- One year industry internship enabling students to relate theory to practice
- Imparting and inculcating soft as well as life skills
Six years full time integrated Diploma & Degree program leading to B.Tech.
Intake (Mumbai Campus)
- Computer Engineering – 60 Seats
- Civil Engineering – 60 Seats
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering – 60 Seats
- Mechanical Engineering – 60 Seats
The Programme would consist of 10 Semester spread over a period of 5 years with each year having 2 semester of 6 months each. The last year i.e. 6th year is industrial training. The broad design of the Programme would include education in professional subject, exposure to Natural Sciences and effective communication skills. Accordingly, 30% of the Programme would focus on subjects related to the following areas:
- Mathematics, Statistics, Logic and Computer Science
- Exposure to Natural Sciences: Physics, Chemistry
- Soft skills: Leadership Development, Personality Development, Team work and Communication Second Module would consist of all functional areas of engineering, this would account for the next 55% of the course design.
The remaining 15% of the Programme would focus on industry exposure and internships in various organizations in India.
- Computer Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Board of Studies
- Mr. P. K. Shah, Technical Advisor, Corporate Technical Training Center , Madh Campus, L&T
- Mr. Pramod Jumle, Director, BOAT (WR.)
- Mr. Paresh Haria , Director, PCS Technology
- Dr. Hari Vasudevan, Principal, DJSCOE
- Prof. U. M. Kantute, Principal, Bhagubhai Polytechnic
- Prof. Y. I. Shah, Dean I/C, Bhagubhai Polytechnic
- Mr. Devang Parekh, Senior Research Associate, AICL Communications Limited
- Candidate must have passed 10th or equivalent with 60% in aggregate with Science (code 72), Mathematics (code 71) as mentioned by Maharashtra State Board & English as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates who have passed the 10th or equivalent exam by doing a part-time course (non-contact) or through distance learning/correspondence/externally/open school are not eligible to apply for the courses.
- Candidates should have passed in one attempt .Candidates passing with compartment are not eligible.
- Candidates of CBSE, ICSE, should mention 10th or equivalent aggregate marks, not best of four, five or seven. in online registration form
- Candidate above 20 years of age will not be considered for admission to this program.
- It is sole responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess necessary and requisite qualification for the admission to the courses at NMIMS.
Teaching, Learning and Evaluation
Curriculum for the program includes adequate balance of fundamental / foundation, core and elective courses. The courses are based on a credit structure with 22-26 credit per semester totalling to around 220 credits over for the entire B Tech Program. Every course is assigned lectures, practical and tutorials as per requirement. Students also undergo technical internship and project in the 6th year. The program course content is reviewed every year with industry inputs and participation.
The school encourages students to learn through experiential mode along with class room delivery. The delivery is very actively supported by Black Board Learning Management System (BBLMS). The BBLMS facilitates learning beyond classroom through YouTube and other online content available on the net. Through this innovative teaching and learning process, students have ample opportunity to learn through different modes. The curriculum also emphasizes on continuous self-learning.
Evaluation is based on continuous assessment throughout semester with appropriate weightage for in semester work, as well as end semester exams. Different modes of evaluation like open book exam, quiz and viva are available for the faculty to ensure attainment of course and program out-comes as defined above.
To address the 'Ý' Generation needs which expects 24x7 online learning content as a supplement to the classroom learning, several modes of delivery are available, in addition to project based learning, implementation of technology, projects executed in the industry, participation in international competitions, group work etc. This innovation in Pedagogy ensures that students have several learning opportunities matching to their aspirations.