M. Tech. computer engineering
NMIMS Deemed to be University has started Full Time Industrial Automation/Computer Engineering/Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering/Mechanical Engineering /Data Sciences. The courses have been tailored by leading academicians and experts from the industries. The emphases have been given to latest development in industry wherein expertise is required. The steps have been taken to further strengthen the present system in the country while framing the syllabus.
Program Duration And Intake
The course of study of M.Tech in each specialization shall extend over two years consisting of three trimesters for the first year and then carry out research work on industry related project followed by Submission of Dissertation in the second year.
Computer – 18 Seats
Play a significant role in creating Computer Engineering Graduates with sound technical and managerial skills of value to industry and society both at national and international level.
- The Computer Engineering Department endeavors for excellence in creating, applying and imparting knowledge in computer engineering through comprehensive curriculum and innovative teaching-learning process.
- Provide a sound technical, managerial foundation & multifaceted development that prepares student to excel in higher education, research or technical/managerial profession that can adapt to rapidly changing technology in computer engineering.
- The dedicated, qualified faculty to ensure high standards of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation processes.
- Semester system with proper planning to utilize the resources effectively and efficiently.
- State-of-the-art facilities to provide ambience and support for curricula and extra curricula activities for the overall development of students.
Board of Studies
- Dr. Sasikumar M. (External Member), Principal Research Scientist, CDAC
- Dr. S.G. Bhirud (External Member), Assistant Prof. of Computer Engg, VJTI
- Dr. S.N. Merchant (External Member), Professor, IIT, Bombay
- Dr. S.G. Wagle (External Member), Technical Director, MPHASIS S/w. & Services
- Dr. Poornachandra Sarang (External Member) Director, ABCOM Information Systems Pvt. Ltd
The highly dedicated and motivated Faculty team is more of a facilitator than a traditional teacher. A talented pool of mentors from industry and academia has enriched the learning procedure by nurturing critical thinking procedures among the youngsters to apply their learning within the course to real-time applications in the industry.
The Curriculum is continuously improvised based on inputs from Industry Experts and also keeping in mind the upcoming trends in the management and technology sector, to provide the best quality training to the students and keep them in sync with the happenings in their disciplines.
The state-of-the-art laboratories facilitate students to apply and implement concepts conceived during theory sessions. In most of the subjects, there will be theory and practical classes.
Students are evaluated with multiple assignments, hands-on exercises, mini projects, surprise tests, group activities and presentations. All resources are available to them online via the Blackboard e-Education Platform of NMIMS.
A number of co-curricular projects are offered to develop the holistic perspective of students towards emerging technology trends. It acts as an industry interface for students, which transforms them into professionals.