MBA Tech. civil Engineering
The MBA Tech. program is a dual degree program in which the students get both the B. Tech. degree and the MBA degree in Technology Management in 5 years.
MPSTME, NMIMS has always been in the forefront in offering courses which are of international standards and giving opportunity to students to be industry ready. Over the years, through strong industry linkages, NMIMS has identified a need for techno managers.
With increasing use of technology in every field, organizations are looking for human resources which not only understand business practices and appreciate technology in their domain, but also understand its impact on technological decisions & vice versa. Industry also seeks people who can multitask and have ability of delivering results quickly.
The MBA Tech. program is specially designed to meet this growing need. NMIMS is one of the few institutes in the country which offers this program. The programs have been tailored by leading academicians and experts from the industry to develop students into techno-managers with multitasking abilities.
In this 5 year program, students get trained to be engineers in the field of their choice & begin training for their MBA degree in the 4th year itself. The rigorous program also offers summer placements to the students so that they can understand some of their learning in practice and get first-hand experience of how the industry functions. At the end of 5 years students are equipped to understand the expectations of the industry. This helps them when they are finally placed through MPSTME.
Create competent Civil Engineering professionals and employable individuals with sound technical and management credentials to take part in state-of-the-art infrastructural development with global ensign for the benefit of the society.
- Provide quality education in conformity with advancements in technology and management
- Encourage relevant research, development and entrepreneurship qualities in students, faculty and staff through teamwork
- Develop strong industry institute linkages to ascertain and resolve the socio-economic problems of infrastructure with due consideration to safety and economy in ethical manner
Program Duration And Intake
The course of study for the Master of Business Administration in Technology, MBA-Tech. shall extend over five years consisting of fifteen trimesters.
After successful completion of this programme, these “Technomanagers” who have acquired a combined knowledge of engineering and management will be able to contribute effectively to the business objectives. MBA-Tech is the course of the future. It is the present expectation and the future demand of the industry.
Unique Features Of The Programme
- Technical Industrial training of 8 weeks and Management Industrial Training of 20 weeks ensure effective learning utilization.
- The periodical review and revision of syllabus and its implementation will be based on feedback from students, faculty and industry to ensure the relevance of program to the industry needs.
- Techno Managers are at the interface of Technology and Management. Hence they comprehend and implement newer Technologist effectively.
Board Of Studies
- Dr. V. M.Topkar (External Member), Deputy Director, VJTI
- Dr. A.R. Kambekar(External Member), Associate Professor, SPCE
- Dr. H.M. Raje(External Member), Structural Consultant/Practicing Engineer
- Mr. V.B. Vanvari(External Member), Head, Civil ENGG. Dept
The NMIMS philosophy has always been about all-round development of students. Apart from ensuring academic excellence , a plethora of activities are organised to help students to take initiatives and bring to the fore their un-utilized and lesser known potentials in any sector – be it sports, culture or academics. Most of the programmes, activities and initiatives are completely run and managed by student bodies; which ingrain in them the qualities of leadership, planning, strategizing, budgeting, teamwork, managing or sharing responsibilities and meeting deadlines.
Highly Experienced and well qualified faculties are there to teach and facilitate the knowledge acquisition by the students. The curriculum is developed by all the top notches from academia and Industry to give students the blend of theoretical, industrial and practical knowledge.
The teaching methodology is based on concept development by experimentation, case studies and suitable examples from Industries.
Value Proposition of MBA (Tech)
The NMIMS philosophy has always been about all-round development of students. Apart from ensuring academic excellence, focused activities are organized to help students to take initiatives and bring to the fore their un-utilized and lesser known potentials in any sector – be it sports, culture or academics. Most of the programs, activities and initiatives are completely run and managed by student bodies; which ingrain in them the qualities of leadership, planning, strategizing, budgeting, teamwork, managing or sharing responsibilities and meeting deadlines.