MBA TECH. ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
About The Program
The MBA Tech. program is a dual degree program in which the students get both the B. Tech. degree and the MBA degree in Technology Management in 5 years.
MPSTME, NMIMS has always been in the forefront in offering courses which are of international standards and giving opportunity to students to be industry ready. Over the years, through strong industry linkages, NMIMS has identified a need for techno managers.
With increasing use of technology in every field, organizations are looking for human resources which not only understand business practices and appreciate technology in their domain, but also understand its impact on technological decisions & vice versa. Industry also seeks people who can multitask and have ability of delivering results quickly.
The MBA Tech. program is specially designed to meet this growing need. NMIMS is one of the few institutes in the country which offers this program. The programs have been tailored by leading academicians and experts from the industry to develop students into techno-managers with multitasking abilities.
In this 5 year program, students get trained to be engineers in the field of their choice & begin training for their MBA degree in the 4th year itself. The rigorous program also offers summer placements to the students so that they can understand some of their learning in practice and get first-hand experience of how the industry functions. At the end of 5 years students are equipped to understand the expectations of the industry. This helps them when they are finally placed through MPSTME.
Program Duration and Intake
To develop new age leaders achieve excellence in business by leveraging latest technologies
- To become the most preferred institution providing a blend of Technology and Management learnings.
- To build a business leader who will drive innovative use of technology in corporate world
- To create an ‘industry-ready’ resource through development of state-of-the-art curriculum delivered by a top-notch faculty
- To develop students to work in a social and ethical framework and make significant contribution to society at large
Board Of Studies
- Mr. Ajay Rege, Vice President, International - STELMAC Ltd.
- Mr. Rahul Rane, Head-Power Electronics & Automation Technology Centre - L&T
- Mr. V.D Vaidya, Head Electrical Engineering - JACOBS India
- Dr. Shubha Pandit, Principal - K J Somaiya COE
- Dr. B.K. Lande, Director, Vasant Dada Patil COE
- Dr. H.A. Mangalvedekar, Professor - VJTI
- Mr. Shahrokh Bogli, Strota Georystems Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Mr. Satish Mittal, Vice President, Vodafone Ltd.
- Mr. Nirmal Humbad, Managing Director, Dorch Consultant
- Mr. Vijay Chondok, President ,ICICI Bank
- Mr. Sunil Khanna, Emersons Network Power Ltd.
- Mr. Shrikant Bapat, Johnson Controls India
- Mr. Harish Chatterjee, Raymond Ltd.
- Mr. Hemant Narvekar, Siemens Ltd
Unique Features of the Program
The MBA Tech. program will be a judicious mix of different sub-domains like renewable energy, control and automation, generation and distribution along with technology management domains in electrical engineering.
The program curriculum will have built in internships to allow the students to gain field exposure.
Students emerging out from this program will possess expertise in several key areas, thus making them highly employable in a wide range of sectors like renewable energy, power generation, control & automation and automotive industry.
Along with the classroom delivery, students will be also exposed to active learning using varied e-resources. This will provide ample opportunities to learn through different modes of delivery which will include project based learning, mini and major projects, case studies etc.
Value Proposition of MBA (Tech)
Students emerging from the program will be possess a unique combination of Engineering, Technology and Technology Management which will be of immense value to several sectors in view of the all-round relevant knowledge imparted along with the field exposure through internships and projects.
The curriculum has been developed with inputs from reputed Universities and experts along with industry inputs.
MBA Tech. Electrical Engineering (Semester 1 & 2)
MBA Tech. Electrical Engineering (Semester 3 to 8)
MBA Tech (Electrical) Syllabus
MBA Tech (Electrical) Syllabus (Semester 3 to 6)