MBA Tech. Information Technology
The MBA Tech. program is a dual degree program in which the students get both the B. Tech. degree and the MBA in Technology Management in 5 years.
MPSTME, NMIMS has always been in the forefront in offering courses which are of international standards and giving opportunity to students to be industry ready. Over the years, through strong industry linkages, NMIMS has identified a need for techno managers.
With increasing use of technology in every field, organizations are looking for human resources which not only understand business practices and appreciate technology in their domain, but also understand its impact on technological decisions & vice versa. Industry also seeks people who can multitask and have ability of delivering results quickly.
The MBA Tech. program is specially designed to meet this growing need. NMIMS is one of the few institutes in the country which offers this program. The programs have been tailored by leading academicians and experts from the industry to develop students into techno-managers with multitasking abilities.
In this 5 year program, students get trained to be engineers in the field of their choice & begin training for their MBA degree in the 4th year itself. The rigorous program also offers summer placements to the students so that they can understand some of their learning in practice and get first-hand experience of how the industry functions. At the end of 5 years students are equipped to understand the expectations of the industry. This helps them when they are finally placed through MPSTME.
Program Duration And Intake
The course of study for the Master of Business Administration in Technology, MBA-Tech. shall extend over five years consisting of ten semesters.
Information Technology – 60 Seats
To develop new age leaders achieve excellence in business by leveraging latest technologies
- To become the most preferred institution providing a blend of Technology and Management learnings.
- To build a business leader who will drive innovative use of technology in corporate world
- To create an ‘industry-ready’ resource through development of state-of-the-art curriculum delivered by a top-notch faculty
- To develop students to work in a social and ethical framework and make significant contribution to society at large
Board of Studies
- Dr. Sunita Mahajan, Principal, MET
- Mr. Akhilesh Srivastava (Head-IP Creation, CIG, Tata Consultancy Services)
- Mr. Shahrokh Bogli, Strota Georystems Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Mr. Satish Mittal, Vice President, Vodafone Ltd.
- Mr. Nirmal Humbad, Managing Director, Dorch Consultant
- Mr. Vijay Chondok, President ,ICICI Bank
- Mr. Sunil Khanna, Emersons Network Power Ltd.
- Mr. Shrikant Bapat, Johnson Controls India
- Mr. Harish Chatterjee , Raymond Ltd.
- Mr Hemant Narvekar, Siemens Ltd.
- The program aims to build professionals with technical education, experience and expertise in the application of technology to the business world.
- Students in the program will develop the ability to recognize technology as a key success factor for the enterprise. They are given a comprehensive approach to manage the implementation of technology to the organization’s value chain.
- Student will develop the ability to harness emerging technologies in their chosen sectors including finance, marketing and operations.
- Graduates are expected to take up middle management and executive positions in organizations with responsibility to effectively use technology for organizational effectiveness and competitiveness.
- The program will enhance a student’s career development path and give him opportunities in senior management roles in corporate world. Students can also choose to become entrepreneurs in their chosen field of technology and innovation. Students can work in the role of consultants to traditional business managers in the area of technology management.
Program Educational Objectives
- Acts as a leader and role model for ethical, professional, and social behaviour
- Understands the societal implications of managerial and technical decisions.
- Analyzes issues from multiple perspectives, asks insightful questions and assimilates information well.
- Works effectively in a multi-functional team environment and communicates effectively in group discussion, formal presentation and in written communication.
- Demonstrates the ability to integrate multiple technologies, to generate creative, differentiating options and to develop effective strategies and continual improvement opportunities.
- Inspires a vision, sets clear direction and connects customer requirements and corporate goals.
After successful completion of this programme, these "Technomanagers" who have acquired a combined knowledge of engineering and management will be able to contribute effectively to the business objectives. MBA-Tech is the course of the future. It is the present expectation and the future demand of the industry.
Unique Features of the Program
- Technical Industrial training of 8 weeks and Management Industrial Training of 20 weeks ensure effective learning utilization.
- The periodical review and revision of syllabus and its implementation will be based on feedback from students, faculty and industry to ensure the relevance of program to the industry needs.
- Techno Managers are at the interface of Technology and Management. Hence they comprehend and implement newer Technologist effectively.
Highly Experienced and well qualified faculties are there to teach and facilitate the knowledge acquisition by the students. The curriculum is developed by all the top notches from academia and Industry to give students the blend of theoretical, industrial and practical knowledge.
The teaching methodology is based on concept development by experimentation, case studies and suitable examples from Industries.
Value Proposition of MBA (Tech)
The NMIMS philosophy has always been about all-round development of students. Apart from ensuring academic excellence, focused activities are organized to help students to take initiatives and bring to the fore their un-utilized and lesser known potentials in any sector – be it sports, culture or academics. Most of the programs, activities and initiatives are completely run and managed by student bodies; which ingrain in them the qualities of leadership, planning, strategizing, budgeting, teamwork, managing or sharing responsibilities and meeting deadlines.