Programs approved by AICTE
Industrial visit to The Dharamsi Morarji Chemicals Co. Ltd, Roha ,Raigad
MBA Tech Chemical ( 2nd Year ,IV sem ) students visited The Dharamsi Morarji Chemicals Ltd, Roha ,Raigad on 06/04/2018 along with faculties Dr. Ketakee Durve and Dr. Sanket Gudekar.
Faculties attended FDP and QIP in 2018
i) Dr. Abhinaba Gupta attended FDP on ‘Urban Water and Wastewater Management for India’ which was organized by IIT, Kharagpur from 30th April- 4th May 2018.
ii) Dr. Geetanjali Gokhale-Ashtekar,Dr. Ketakee Durve and Dr. Sanket Gudekar attended QIP on ‘Nanotechnology : Basics and Bio-Chemical Applications’ which was organised by IIT Roorkee from 21st May to 25th May 2018
• SCTM: Society of Chemical Techno-Managers, MPSTME, NMIMS is the official cell of the Department of Chemical Engineering. It is the student body supported by various corporates. We organise event in the domain of Chemical Engineering and Management round the year. Such events and activities keep the students abreast with current happenings in the corporate world.
• IIChE Student Chapter : MPSTME Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers is a forum for professional as well as aspiring engineers that aims to connect all of them for organizing meetings, conferences and seminars; arranging workshops, refresher courses, counselling sessions, promoting research and guiding chemical engineering students in career planning.
• Ideasynth : Ideasynth is a two day chemical festival held at MPSTME, NMIMS. Its aim is to connect student with industry and give them a much larger perspective of professional side of things. Its objective is to Inspire Discussions, Develop solutions and Invite the future of Technology to solve some of the world’s burning issues.
• Enviro Tek: The Chemical Department along with Society of Chemical Techno-managers organised a full day event ‘EnviroTek’on Environmental Engineering on 28th October 2017. The event consisted of guest lectures, poster presentation and model making competition.
Visited various industries like IPCL, GSFC, JSW, ONGC, L&T, Akzo Nobel, etc. as part of Industry – Institute Partnership.
• The seminar on “Recent Advancement on Chemical and Environmental Engineering”
Department of Chemical Engineering (NMIMS-MPSTME) in association with Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE) had organised a one day seminar and Prof. N. R. Kamath Quiz Competition on 2nd and 3 rd April, 2018
First Day (2 nd April):
The seminar on “Recent Advancement on Chemical and Environmental Engineering” was inaugurated by Dr. J P Gandhi (Mentor , MPSTME), Dr. Sharad Mhaiskar ( Pro-VC , NMIMS), Dr. N T Rao (Dean, MPSTME) and Mr. RG Rajan (Hon. Chairman IIChE). The four eminent speakers namely Dr. Suparna Mukherji (Professor, CESE- IITB), Mr. R Raghu (Vice President, Schrodinger, Bangalore), Dr. Pradip Kalbar (Asst. Professor, CUSE-IITB) and Mr. Vipin Doshi (Adviser, Indian Chemical Council) shared their knowledge and experience in the field of chemical and environmental engineering.
Second Day (3rd April):
The prestigious Prof. NR Kamath Memorial Chemical Engineering Quiz was inaugurated by Padma Vibhushan Dr. M M Sharma who encouraged the students by his inspirational speech. This year total 14 teams were participated in the quiz competition. Quiz was conducted by eminent quiz masters namely Dr. S.S. Bhagwat (Professor, ICT), Mr. k.Sahasranaman ( Fromer VP, UHDE INDIA PVT. LTD.) and Mr. Rohidas Bhoi.
• Seminar on:” Application of Process Optimization & Simulation in Chemical Industry”Ms. Pooja Agarwal Scientist from Aditya Birla Science & Technology Company Pvt. Ltd
• Seminar Arranged on Recent Advances in Food and Nutrition Technology, In the fast-paced contemporary age, there’s no dearth of demand for packaged and processed foods. This socio-economic transformation has created a new profession — food & nutrition technology. Food and nutrition technology is the study of manufacture, storage, preservation, canning, packaging and nutritional aspects of food products. The food industry is the fifth largest industry in the country. Currently, it generates employment for an estimated 1.9 million people.
Dr. Satyendra Gautam
Head, Food Science & Safety Section at Food Technology Division, BARC
Topic: Food Security & Safety: How can radiation help?
Mr. Kishore Ramakrishna Shintre
Former Country Head for Glanbia nutritionals
Founder Principal Consultant at Nutre’Shin Solutions
Topic: Micronutrients Fortificaton of processed food
• Seminar Arranged on IPR, ‘Protect your ideas – how and where’, The seminar was highlighted with various IP’s like Patents, Copyrights, Designs, Semiconductor circuits etc. Speakers selected are highly experienced in IPR and have more than two decades of relevant experience.
Dr. Charanjit Kumar Saigal (Retired VP Arch Pharma Labs- IP cell)
Ms. Poonam Dhake (Partner, IN10GIBLE INNOVATIONS LLP)