Dr. Abhinaba Gupta
Ph.D. (Polymer Chemistry)
Areas of Specialization
Polymer chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Separation Studies, Water Purification.
Academic Experience: 6 years
Dr. Abhinaba Gupta has an academic teaching experience of 6 years in international and national universities. He has expertise in communicating Chemistry concepts in a simplified manner to young minds. Dr. Gupta has done his PhD from University of Iowa with 1.5 years of postdoc experience in developing novel functional polymers. He has expertise in performing organic reactions and catalyst separations and successfully applying principles of polymer chemistry in fabrication of functional materials. Dr. Gupta has hands on experience in using NMR spectroscopy, IR spectroscopy, UV-VIS spectroscopy, gas chromatography, HPLC, mass spectroscopy, flash column chromatography, inductive coupled plasma-optical emission spectroscopy, size exclusion chromatography, scanning electron microscopy, light scattering, optical microscopy, surface IR and air sensitive equipment (glove box). He is trained on good laboratory practice (GLP), lab safety, personal protection equipment, and hazardous chemical disposal protocols. Dr. Abhinaba Gupta has mentored students for undergraduate and graduate research projects.
Area of Research:
- Heavy metals removal from waste water using the low cost adsorbents (nanoparticles and nano composites) from agricultural waste
- Site-Isolation of organic catalysts using polymer membranes.
- Microwave assisted organic reactions
- Purification of a mixture of fatty acids from vegetable oil using polymer membrane.
- Separation of metal catalysts and phosphine ligands using polymer membrane
- Post-doctoral research fellow worked with Prof. Ned Bowden, in the Department of Chemistry,
University of Iowa, USA.
- Graduate College Summer Fellowship-2010, The University of Iowa.
- Graduate Student Senate Award, The University of Iowa.
Official Email Id