Dr. Anuja Agarwal
Associate Dean - Technology Management
Ph. D (Management Studies) - Mumbai University,
MCA, B.Sc. (Computer Science).
Areas of Specialization
Innovation, Design Thinking and Innovation Management, New Product Development
Academic and Professional Qualification:
Ph.D. in Management Studies (Mumbai University), MCA - DAVV, BSc.(Computer Science) – Delhi University
Honors and Awards:
1. Winner in the category “Innovative Smart Solution - Knowledge & Intellectual” at the BW BusinessWorld Smart cities conclave and awards function in New Delhi on the 20th December 2017, for Teaching the course on Smart Cities as an Interdisciplinary course at NMIMS University
2. Distinguished women in Management Award by Venus international Foundation, on 4th March 2017, at Chennai, India
3. Order of Merit award for Academic Program on Smart Cities at the BW BusinessWorld Smart cities conclave and awards function in New Delhi on the 21st December 2016.
4. Kyoto Design Lab Innovation Prize - Awarded in the 24hr design challenge (Team - Pace) on the 13th and 14th of July 2015 at the Design4Health conference held at Art & Design Research Centre, Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield, England – The Team won the prize For Developing a low-cost concept to help manage ‘Freezing’ in a Parkinson’s disease patient by taking a genuinely Inclusive approach to design a product that has applications beyond Parkinson’s alone – the product is directly applicable to athletes. Team 1 created Pace – a personal metronome, easily configured by the user – with even the packaging and branding designed by the team in 24 hours.
Memberships of Professional bodies:
Member of Computer Society of India (CSI)
Innovation & Design Thinking in Business Management, Multidisciplinary Course on “Smart cities” , “Fostering Innovation” for the MBA(HR), and “Innovation Management” for Core MBA, Strategic Impact of Emerging Technologies, New Product Development, Human Computer Interaction, Designing Business Interactions, Integrative Manager (Harvard Case Studies on Innovation process), Quantitative Techniques, Research Methodology
- Nov 2016 – till date - Associate Dean (Technology Management), Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering, NMIMS University.
- Dec 2005 - Oct 2015 - Sr. Associate Dean & Vice President – Strategy at Welingkar Institute of Management (WeSchool), Mumbai
- Aug 2002 – Dec 2005 - Faculty consultant (Computer Science) to Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
- Jan 2000 – Sep 2002 - Lecturer – Hamdard University, New Delhi. Teaching Computer science subjects* to MCA students
- July 1998 – Jan 2000 - Lecturer – Ramlal Anand College, Delhi University. Teaching Computer Science subjects to students of BCA
- Feb 1998 – July 1998 - Lecturer – Kirori Mal College, Delhi University Teaching BCA students*
- April 1994 – July 1998 - Teaching Comp. Sc. Subjects to BCA and Bsc. Students, as a part time faculty alongside being a Programmer/System Analyst at Lucknow University Computer Centre.
- July 1992 – April 1994 - Computer Teacher – City Montessori School, Lucknow
4 years as Programmer cum System Analyst – Lucknow University Computer Centre
2 years as an independent consultant to Bombay Scottish School for developing Faculty competency among the Computer Science teachers of Mumbai
Administrative roles in the school/University:
- As the Associate Dean- technology Management, I am responsible for the Technology management courses and the MBA-Tech program of NMIMS.
- Atal Incubation Centre – Core team member and prepared the full Gantt Chart for the activities that would be undertaken for the next five years under AIC. Am also in the Council of Mentors for the AIC.
- TCS –ioN- I am also coordinating with TCS for starting their on-line education platform (MOOC)
Applying Creativity, Design thinking and Innovation in Management Education
Innovation in Business and Management using Design thinking principles, Technology management, Cyber security, Smart Cities
Co-authored the section titled ‘Design Management in India’ in the Handbook of Design Management, published by Berg Publishers, UK
- Agarwal, A. , Gupta, S., Gupta, S. , Nautiyal, V.l (2017) :: “The Impact of Patanjali Products on the FMCG Business Hither to Dominated by Multi-Nationals like Hul, P&G, Nestle etc.” International Journal of Informative & Futuristic Research (ISSN: 2347-1697), Vol. 4 No. (5), January 2017, pp. 6361-6382, Paper ID: IJIFR/V4/E5/061
- Agarwal, A. , Arora, R. , Dua, K. , Cherian, M. (2017) :: “Future of Robotics in Banking” International Journal of Informative & Futuristic Research (ISSN: 2347- 1697), Vol. 4 No. (5), January 2017, pp. 6297-6320, Paper ID: IJIFR/V4/E5/059
- “K- Reflect: A Reflective tool for assimilation of knowledge in Management education”; South Asian Academic Research Journals: ACADEMECIA - An International multi-disciplinary research journal, Vol. 4/ Issue 11, ISSN No. 2249-7137, Page 130-141, 2014
- Challenges and Impact of Agricultural Finance on Socio Economic Status of the Indian Farmer, TIJ’s Research Journal of Social Science & Management. ISSN No. 2251-1571, 2014
- “Envisage Rural Potential through Rural Inc.”, International Journal's Research Journal of Social Sciences and management, Published in Singapore, Impact factor : 3.951. ISSN no. 2251-1571, Volume 4, No. 4(2014) : 01 August 2014.
- “Designing Productive Meetings”, Aweshkar research Journal, Vol X, issue 2, September 2010, ISSN 0974-1119. Pg 4-17.
- “Software tool for enhancing Research in Design and Innovation projects in Management Education”, Technology for Education conference T4E Journal of IIT Mumbai, July 2010.
- “How we Learn”, Innovation educators conference journal, April 2011, ISB Publication.
- Presented the paper titled “Humanizing the Metropolis : Make the City Smart “at the ‘Smart City Expo World Congress on 18th November 2015’ at Barcelona, Spain
- “Impact of including Design thinking competencies in Management education – An experimental study”, DMI 2012 International Research Conference, August 2012, Boston
- “Design Inspired Innovation for rural India”, 18th International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED11) , August 2011, Copenhagen
- “A framework to explore the grassroots (Rural India) by Design Innovation Thinking” Paper presented at the Innovation Forum- India 2012, organized by - Tata Institute of Social Sciences(TISS)
- Case study written- "Pidilite-The successful Bond"
- Case study written on “Weschool” - The making of Prinwell: Journey of transformation of a “one-of-many B-schools to a B-school of repute.
- Multi Media Case Study on “Smart Banking for Smart cities – ICICI Bank leads the way
Official Email Id
Office Phone No.
+91-22 4233 4088