Dr. Payal B. Joshi
Assistant Professor (Chemistry)
M.Sc. (Organic Chemistry), Ph.D. (Chemical Science)
Areas of Specialization
Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Ph.D. Chemical Science, July 2011, School of Science, Mumbai, SVKM’s NMIMS University
- GATE, Chemical Science, February 2007, IIT Kanpur
- M.Sc. Organic Chemistry, April 2005, Smt. C.H.M College, Ulhasnagar, University of Mumbai
- B.Sc. Chemistry, May 2003, Smt. C.H.M College, Ulhasnagar, University of Mumbai
Honors and Awards:
- M.Sc in Organic Chemistry with National Scholarship conferred by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), Government of India.
- B.Sc in Chemistry with 23rd rank in All India Merit list in Chemistry from Smt. Chandibai. H. Mansukhani College, under University of Mumbai.
- Ph.D. work featured in Pharma Times, 43 (10), p.40, October 2011.
- Won 2 awards under the category of ‘Most Interesting Question’ category at the conference on advances in catalysis for energy and environment (CACEE 2018).
Memberships of Professional bodies:
- Life Member of Indian Pharmaceutical Association, IPA since August 2009.
- Life Member of California Separation Science Society, CASSS since November 2009.
- Chemistry Ambassador, American Chemical Society (ACS), since 2010.
Members of editorial board:
- Editorial Board Member and Reviewer in Journal of Pharmaceutical and Bioanalytical Science, JPB Science, from March 2012 to June 2016.
- Invited by Editor, Analytical Letters, Taylor & Francis publishing group in May 2012 and August 2013 to review manuscripts for publication in this esteemed journal.
- Invited by Editor-in-Chief, Rasayan Journal of Chemistry in December 2016 to review manuscripts for publication in their journal.
- Editorial Board Member Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research since January 2017.
- Peer Reviewer, Chemical Biology & Drug Design, John Wiley & Sons Ltd to review manuscript (2017-18).
Organic Chemistry, Biotechnology (Instrumental Methods of Analysis), Analytical Chemitry, Applied Chemistry, Engineering Chemistry
Teaching experience: 10 years
- Smt. C.H.M College, Ulhasnagar, Lecturer, July 2005-April 2006, F.Y.B.Sc, S.Y.B.Sc.
- Smt. C.H.M College, Ulhasnagar, Visiting Faculty, June 2005-June 2009, F.Y.B.Sc, T.Y.B.Sc (Biotechnology)
- Parshvanath College of Engineering, Thane (now AP Shah Institute of Technology), Assistant Professor, 1st July 2011- 31st Dec 2012, F.E. Applied Chemistry I & II
- SVKMs NMIMS, Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering, Assistant Professor, 1st October, 2013 till date, BE/B.Tech Engineering Chemistry, MBA (Tech) Engineering Chemistry
Administrative roles in the school/University:
Development of Validated Stability-Indicating HPLC Method of Certain Drugs With Identification of Impurities Using LC-MS.
Dr. Suvarna I.Bhoir; Co-guides: Dr. K.V.Mangaonkar (Principal, Mithibai College, Dr.K.Vishwanath (Advisor, Raptakos), Dr. R. K. Jadhav (GM –Analytical- Zydus Cadila).
Green Chemistry, Catalysis, Environmental Chemistry.
- Payal B. Joshi, Experiments in Engineering Chemistry, I.K. International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd, ISBN 9789385909139, 2016.
- Payal B. Joshi, S.I.Bhoir, A.M. Bhagwat, Trends in universal detection in high performance liquid chromatography, Separation Science, Volume 2, Issue 12, p. 12-14, Publisher: Eclipse Business Media, 25th August 2010.
- Payal B. Joshi, S.I. Bhoir, A.M. Bhagwat, K.Vishwanath, R.K.Jadhav, Identification of Forced Degradation Products of Itopride by LC-PDA and LC-MS, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Volume 73, Issue 3, p.287-291, Publisher: Medknow (Indian Pharmaceutical Association), 2011.
- Payal B. Joshi, S. I.Bhoir, R.K.Jadhav, K.Vishwanath, Stability-Indicating LC Method for Analysis of Lamotrigine and Use of the Method to Study Degradation Kinetics, Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Research, Volume 2, Issue 4, 142- 149, Publisher: PharmRes Foundation, 2011.
- Payal B. Joshi, Green Metrics in a Pharmaceutical Scenario-A Review, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Bioanalytical Science, Volume 2, Issue 4, 39-46, Publisher: JPB Science Inc, 2013.
- Payal B. Joshi, Carbon dioxide Utilization- A Comprehensive Review, International Journal of Chemical Science, Volume 12, Issue 4, 1208-1220; Publisher: Trade Science Publication House (2014).
- Payal B. Joshi, Is Zero Liquid Discharge a Feasible Solution? Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Sciences, Volume 6, Issue 11, p.989-996 (2016).
- Payal B. Joshi, Plutonium Today and Beyond, Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Sciences, (UGC listed S.no4738 Journal no.47537) Volume 7, Issue 10, p.871-873 (2017).
- Payal B. Joshi, S.I.Bhoir, R.K.Jadhav, K.Vishwanath, Sunil S. Dhuri., Stability-indicating RP-HPLC method development and validation of lamotrigine API. 61st Indian Pharmaceutical Congress (61st IPC), In proceedings, 11th-13th December 2009, NIRMA University, Ahmedabad, India.
- Payal B. Joshi, S.I. Bhoir, Identification of Forced Degradation Products of Lamotrigine and Itopride using LC-PDA and LC-MS techniques, Manshodhan, (Oral Presentation)-In proceedings, Mithibai College, Vile Parle, Mumbai, 27th November, 2010.
- Payal B. Joshi, Zero-to-minimal liquid discharge as waste water management approach, National Symposium on Frontiers in Applied Biological & Chemical Sciences, FABCS, (Oral talk), Dept. of Microbiology, Smt. C.H.M College, 10th and 11th February, 2017.
Patent (under examination):
- ‘Improved Sustainable Catalytic Oxidation Process’, Research Team: Anant Jhaveri (PI), Ketakee Durve, Geetanjali Ashtekar, Payal Joshi, Dec 2015. Patent Application No. 201621035145 (filed on 14th October, 2016).
Official Email Id
Official Phone no.: