Dr. Kuntal Chakrabarti
Associate Professor, Physics
Areas of Specialization
Materials Science, Nanotechnology, Experimental Condensed Matter Physics.
Nanotechnology, Nano-Bio technology, Physics of low dimensional materials and high-K dielectrics.
Official Email Id
+91 22 4233 4000 Extn: 4716
- Received prizes in All India Science Talent Search Tests and different other scientific competitions as school and under graduate student.
- Received Prize under National Merit Scholarship Scheme, 1987.
- Qualified in the Graduates Aptitude Test in Engineering, a National Level Test for Research Fellowships and Post Graduate Studies in Engineering/Technology, conducted by Indian Institutes of Technology in 'Electronics and Communication Engineering', 1995.
- Junior Research Fellowship, I.A.C.S., sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, Nov 1995 - Oct 1997.
- Senior Research Fellowship, I.A.C.S., sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, and Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (C.S.I.R.), Govt. of India, Nov 1997 – March 2000.
- BK-21 Post Doc Fellow of Government of the Republic of Korea, Inha University, Korea, April 2000 – July 2000.
- Research Associate, Institute of Advanced Materials, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Inha University, Korea, August 2000 – June 2002.
- Senior Post-Doc researcher, Center for Nanotubes and Nanostructured Composites, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea, October 2002 to 11 April, 2003.
- Research Associate –II, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata, India, December 2003 –June 2007.
- Visiting Faculty Fellow, Department of Materials Science, S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata, India, November 2007 – August 2010.
- Research Associate, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata, India, February 2011 to January 2012.
- Reviewer of the highly esteemed international scientific journals like ‘Applied Materials & Interfaces’ (American Chemical Society) ‘Surface Coatings and technology’ (Elsevier Science), ‘Chemistry of Materials’ (ACS), ‘Journal of Materials Chemistry’, ‘RSC Adv.’ (Royal Society of Chemistry) etc.
Research & Publications
Selected Publications only in International Referred Journals:
- Highly efficient electromagnetic interference shielding using graphite nanoplatelet/poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene)–poly(styrenesulfonate) composites with enhanced thermal conductivity N. Agnihotri, K. Chakrabarti,* A. Dey, RSC Adv. 5 (2015) 43765.
[* to indicate corresponding author] [Journal Impact Factor: 3.708]
- Effects of process parameters on the defects in graphene oxide/ polyaniline composite investigated by positron annihilation spectroscopy. U. Rana, P.M.G. Nambissan, S. Malik, K. Chakrabarti*, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 16 (2014) 3292. [Journal Impact Factor: 4.198]
- Read More..!!