Dr. Nilay Yajnik
Professor of Information Systems
Ph.D. in Management, M.M.S. , M.Sc.(Tech) , BITS Pilani
Areas of Specialization
IT for Business ; Managing Innovation ; Digital Business ; Technology Ventures
Research & Publications
- YAJNIK NILAY M. (2014) “Case Studies of Knowledge Management in India”, Global Management Journal , ISSN 2080-2951 , Vol 6 , No.1, 2/2014 , (pp 05-11) Poznan University College of Business , Poland (April)
- YAJNIK NILAY M, PROF. VASYL TARAS (University of North Carolina, USA) et.al. (2013) “A Global Classroom? Evaluating the Effectiveness of Global Virtual Collaboration As a Teaching Tool in Management Education”, Academy of Management Journal of Learning and Education, ISSN 1537-260X, Academy of Management USA (September)
- Read More...
Honors and Awards
- Founder Member of the X-Culture International Student Collaboration Project involving 6000 students from 80 Universities in 43 Countries in 6 continents.
- Team member of the project which won the Best AOM Symposium Award at the Academy of Management Meeting, Boston, 2012.
- Certificate of Completion of the Harvard Business School Global Colloquium on Participant Centered Learning, Boston, 2011
- Distinguished Service Award, The Association of Indian Management Scholars (Texas, USA), (December 2009).
- Second Best Paper Award at the 40th ISTD National Convention, Bangalore, ISTD, (January 2010).
- Higher Education Forum, “Outstanding Contribution to the Teaching Profession” Award, (September 5, 2010)
- Certificate of Appreciation for contribution towards NMIMS Alumni Activities (April 2010)
- Invited to present a paper at the Professional Development Workshop of the Academy of Management Meeting, Philadelphia, USA, August 2007.
- NMIMS Best Faculty of the Year Award, NMIMS. (2002-2003).
- Jury Member of the Capgemini Super Techies Program on the ET NOW TV Channel.
- Jury Member of the NASSCOM EMERGE FORUM
- Jury Member for the Ministry of IT, Government of India, for Best Mobile Apps Award
- Invited by IIM Kozhikode to deliver a Research Seminar on “Global Virtual Teams and Their Relevance in Management Education” in October 2013.
- Invited by the Bombay Master Printers Association to deliver a seminar on “IT for Small and Medium Print Firms” in October 2013.
- Invited by the Chamber of Tax Consultants to deliver a seminar on “Information Technology for Business Innovation and Growth” on October 24, 2013
- Member, Academy of Management USA.
- Executive Committee Member, Bombay Management Association.
- Chairman, Bombay Management Association Western Suburbs Committee.
- Managing Committee Member, Computer Society of India.
- Information Technology Committee Member, Indian Merchants Chamber.
- National Council Member, Indian Society for Training and Development.
- Member of the Program Committee of the International Conference on Knowledge Management, Malaysia
Editorial Board Membership
- Served as Editorial Board Member of the AIMS International Journal of Management, USA (Association of Indian Management Scholars International, Texas, USA
- Reviewer for papers for the Academy of Management Meeting 2008 held at Anaheim, California
- Reviewer for papers for the 14th Americas Conference on Information Systems held in Toronto, Canada in August 2008
- Reviewer for papers and member of the Scientific Program Committee of the 1st World Summit on the Knowledge Society held in Athens, Greece, September 2008
Official Email Id