Ms Nishita D. Parekh
PhD (Chemistry), LLB
Chemical Engineering, HR
Academic and Professional Qualification:
- Master of Business Administration in Human Resource and Behavioral Sciences, (Topped in class with Distinction & Scored record highest in class in subjects like Operations Research, Research Methodology), from NMIMS (Deemed to be University), Mumbai, India
- Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering, from D. J. Sanghvi College of Engineering, University of Mumbai, INDIA
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering, (Scored record highest in the Industrial Training and in overall performance, 13th in Maharashtra state), Shri Bhagubhai Mafatlal Polytechnic, Mumbai, India
Memberships of Professional bodies:
Environment Engineering, Heat Transfer Operations, Chemical Processes I & II, Industrial Safety, Solid Fluid Mechanical Operations, Process Calculations, Operation Research, Operation Management, Organization Behaviour, Industrial Economics and Management, Safety Health and Env Mgt, Leadership in Organization.
9 years as Assistant Professor, and 5 years as Lecturer
1.5 years as Project Engineer.
- Published paper for ISTE conference 2009, titled “Understanding student’s Learning styles using Kolb’s Model”.
- Published paper titled “Sustaining Environment using Green Homes” for International Conference on Advances in Engineering & Technology – 2011, organized by E. G. S. Pillai College of Engineering, Nagapattinam.
- Paper Presented at International Congress of Environmental Research – 2011 organized by SVNIT & Journal of Environment Research and development, on topic “Is ‘Cloud’ really Green?”
- Book Review of “Heat transfer – Theory and Problems”, by Rudramoorty & Maylisamy published by Pearson Publication.
- Guided students in 2012 – 2013 and 2013 – 2014 for “Ïndustrial Defined Problems” contest held at ICT, Mumbai, where our students won 1 prize in 2012-2013 and 1st and 2nd prize in 2013 – 2014.
- Organized “Outstanding young Chemical Engineer’s Awards 2011” sponsored by IIChE.
- Initiated the formation of, and leading of Society of Chemical Techno Managers, (SCTM), from 2012
- Organized Industrial visits at RCF (2010), Vapi (2009), Goa (2007), L&T (2006) & VSNL (2005) in association with HOD and Dean for student’s development and better understanding of theoretical concepts.
- Setting of Laboratory for subjects like Heat transfer Operations, Mass transfer Operations II, Environment Engineering, Fluid Mechanics development at MPSTME.
- Researched, Developed & Designed various syllabus during the initial phase of MBA (Tech) Chemical in coordination with HOD and Dean.
- Visited various industries like IPCL, GSFC, JSW, ONGC, L&T, Akzo Nobel, etc as part of Industry – Institute Partnership.
- Undertaken Industrial Survey for curriculum review of MBA – Tech from May 2006 to June end 2006
a. Within Mumbai in month of May2006
b. In North India in month of June 2006
- Extensively marketed the MBA (Tech) Program during initial phases
- Team member for NAAC accreditation.
- Leading the Timetable committee since 2006, optimizing resources and facilities.
- Part of student’s technical committee from 2006 – 2010.
- Departmental Representative for placing students for Technical Training (3 months) in Industries from 2006 – 2008
- Active participation in Final Placement committee 2006 – 2008
- Part of Project Management team for 2009 – 2010.
Official mail id:
Official Phone no.: