Prof. Pallavi Rao Gadahad
Specialization: Interaction Design, Social Informatics
Academic and Professional Qualification:
- MS in Information Systems
Teaching experience: 8 years
Industry experience: 11 years
Administrative roles in the school/University:
- Interaction Design, Social Informatics
- Rao, P. (2016). Wired and Worried: Understanding Users’ Emotions while Web Searching for Health Information. Procedia Computer Science, 84, 132-136.
- Gadahad, P. R., Theng, Y. L., Ching, J. S. S., & Pang, N. (2013, July). Web Searching for Health Information: An Observational Study to Explore Users’ Emotions. In International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (pp. 181-188). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Rao, P., & Skoric, M. M. (2011, October). Web searching for health: theoretical foundations for analyzing problematic search engine use. In International Conference on Social Informatics (pp. 59-66). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Rao, P., Chandra, S., & Theng, Y. L. (2011). Adoption and Usage of Healthcare Portals: Examining the Factors Influencing Consumers’ Decisions. International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence (IJOCI), 2(3), 50-73.
- Theng, Y. L., Wanzhen, L., Zhiqiang, L., Robert, C., & Rao, P. (2011). Investigation of the antecedents and consequences of gamer satisfaction: An individual perspective. Computers in Entertainment (CIE), 9(3), 15.
- Rao, P. (2016). Web Affordances: Exploring their Influence on User Behavior. Paper presented at INDIA HCI 2016, IIT-Bombay.
- Rao, P. (2016). Issues and Challenges of Online Healthcare: An Ethical Analysis. Paper presented at ICAIM 2016, Mumbai.
- Rao, P. (2015). Wired and Worried: Understanding Users’ Emotions while Web Searching for Health Information. Paper presented at Intelligent HCI 2015, IIIT-Allahabad.
- Rao, P., Theng, Y. L., Joanna, S. S. C., & Pang, N. (2012). Assessing Young Adults’ Web Searching for Health Information: An Exploratory Study. Paper presented at the Medicine 2.0: Social Media, Mobile Apps, and Internet/Web 2.0 in Health, Medicine and Biomedical Research, Boston, USA.
- Rao, P., Chandra, S., & Theng, Y.-L. (2010). Usage of E-Health services: Examining the age differences in individual decisions. Paper presented at the IADIS International Conference on E-Health, Freiburg, Germany.
- Theng, Y.-L., Tan, H., & Rao, P. (2010). Investigating Cyberchondriac Behaviors on the Internet:Implications for E-Health 2.0. Paper presented at the Medicine 2.0 on Social Media and Web 2.0 in Health, Medicine and Biomedical Research, Maastricht, NL.
- Rao, P., Theng, Y.-L., & Chandra, S. (2009). Determinants of Healthcare Web Portals’ Continued Usage: An Empirical Examination with Satisfaction and Trust. Paper presented at the International Communication Association, Chicago, USA.
- Nettar, A., Chowdhari, N., Karanjia, R., Gadahad, P. R., & Deshmukh, S. (2017, September). Design and Development of a Location-Based Social Networking Mobile Application. In IFIP Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (pp. 344-347). Springer, Cham.
Official Email Id
Office Phone No.
022- 4233 4848