B. tech - INFORMAtion TECHNOLOGY
Unique Features of the Program
The exponential growth of user expectations and the increasing workload in the industry sector has created immense requirements for professionals in the field of Information Technology. MPSTME has envisioned the requirement for producing smart I.T. professionals and designed a world class program to meet the global challenges in Information Technology. The Program provides the students with a platform to develop insight to face some of the toughest real life challenges in Technology and to come out with innovative solutions to satisfy the stakeholders.
Four year Full Time B.Tech. in Information Technology with the intake mentioned for Mumbai Campus.
Mumbai 60 Seats.
- Semester pattern to ensure effective and useful resource utilization.
- Frequent seminars for students with eminent speakers from industry and academia on current topics
- Departmental Seminar by students on regular basis
- Tech fests to encourage logical thinking and research orientation
- Quiz Contests and debate on current technology trends for knowledge dissemination
- Industry Orientation by expert support from the industry.
Department of IT will impart quality education and conduct research relevant to needs of the national and international community which will help to improve the quality of human life.
To prepare human resource with technical and management skills to meet the contemporary Information Technology demands of the industry and society at large by delivering relevant curriculum, using the state of the art pedagogical innovations, and undertake relevant research.
Department Advisory Board – External members
- Dr. Prasad Ramanathan, Associate Vice President at Capgemini (erstwhile IGATE, Patni Computers)
- Dr. Padmaja Joshi, Joint Director (Software Quality) at C-DAC
- Mr. Maulik Gordhandas, COO at NWDCO - Hong Kong
Board of Studies –External members
- Dr. Sunita Mahajan, Principal – MET
- Dr. Jyotirmoy Dasgupta, ITM, Institute of Financial Markets
- Mr. Akhilesh Srivastava, Program Head – IPR Cell, TCS Ltd.
B.Tech. (IT) – Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
The Program Educational Objectives of the B.Tech.(IT) Programme are to produce graduates who will
- Technical Growth - Graduates will be successful in modern engineering practice and entrepreneurship, integrate into the local and global workforce, and contribute to the economy of India.
- Professional Skills - Graduates will continue to acquire and demonstrate the professional skills necessary to be competent employees, assume leadership roles, and enjoy career success and satisfaction.
- Professional Attitude and Citizenship - Graduates will become productive citizens demonstrating high ethical and professional standards, make sound engineering or managerial decisions, and have enthusiasm for the profession and professional growth.
B.Tech. (IT) – Student Outcomes (SOs):
Graduates of the B.Tech. in Information Technology program will have an ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
In addition to outcomes 1 through 5, graduates of the Information Technology program will also have an ability to:
- Identify and analyze user needs and to take them into account in the selection, creation, integration, evaluation, and administration of computing-based systems.
Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation data
Teaching, Learning and Evaluation
Curriculum for the program includes adequate balance of fundamental / foundation, core and elective courses. The courses are based on a credit structure with 22-26 credit per semester totalling to around 180 credits over for the entire B Tech Program. Every course is assigned lectures, practicals and tutorials as per requirement. Students also undergo technical entrepreneurship and project in the 4th year. The program course content is reviewed every year with industry inputs and participation.
The school encourages students to learn through experiential mode along with class room delivery. The delivery is very actively supported by Black Board Learning Management System (BBLMS). The BBLMS facilitates learning beyond classroom through YouTube and other online content available on the net. Through this innovative teaching and learning process, students have ample opportunity to learn through different modes. The curriculum also emphasises on continuous self-learning.
Evaluation is based on continuous assessment throughout semester with appropriate weightage for in semester work, as well as end semester exams. Different modes of evaluation like open book exam, quiz and viva are available for the faculty to ensure attainment of course and program out-comes as defined above.
To address the ‘ Ý ’Generation needs which expects 24x7 online learning content as a supplement to the classroom learning, several modes of delivery are available, in addition to project based learning, implementation of technology, projects executed in the industry, participation in international competitions, group work etc. This innovation in Pedagogy ensures that students have several learning opportunities matching to their aspirations.
Students completing the program are found to be highly employable due to the innovative teaching – learning process adopted along with different modes of evaluation. Due to the emphasis on continuous self-learning, students are ready to undertake research in different emerging and disrupting technologies. Several opportunities are available to the students to pursue entrepreneurial traits leading to initiation of start-ups.