B. Tech. Integrated (6 Year Program)
MPSTME has initiated a unique six year B.Tech. Program for 10th+ students from the academic year 2014-15. The program is being initialized with industry and academia inputs. It has been found from the inputs that 80-90 % students after their diploma opt for degree programs to enhance their career prospects. When they do take admission for degree programs, there is a lot of overlap in the technical content while the lateral entry students lack in mathematics foundation. This program bridges the gaps and prepare the students for a career in the industry.
B. Tech. Integrated
(6 Year Program after 10th Standard)
Unique Features of the Program
- One year inplant training
- Different modes of delivery like online learning, experiential learning etc.
- Curriculum co-designed with industry and professional bodies participation
- Imparting and inculcating soft as well as life skills
- Mentorship to foster academic , professional growth and develop holistic personality of the mentee
- One and half year foundation followed by core subjects with relevant electives based on trending technologies to be opted in 4th and 5th year
Six years full time program
Intake (Mumbai Campus)
- Computer Engineering – 120 Seats
- Civil Engineering – 60 Seats
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering – 60 Seats
- Mechanical Engineering – 60 Seats
The Programme would consist of 10 Semesters, spread over a period of 5 years, with each year having 2 semester of 6 months duration. The last year i.e. 6th year is dedicated to industrial training. The broad design of the Programme includes instructions in domain specific subjects, Natural Sciences and electives including communication skills. Accordingly, 30% of the Programme would focus on subjects related to the following areas:
- Mathematics, Statistics, Logic and Computer Science
- Natural Sciences: Physics, Chemistry
- Soft skills: Leadership Development, Personality Development, Team work and Communication Second Module would consist of all functional areas of engineering, this would account for the next 55% of the course design. The remaining 15% of the Programme would focus on industry exposure and internships in various organizations in India.
The remaining 15% of the Programme would focus on industry exposure and internships in various organizations in India.
- Candidate must have passed 10th or equivalent with 70% in aggregate with Science , Mathematics & English as compulsory subjects( All boards)
Teaching, Learning and Evaluation
Curriculum for the program includes adequate balance of fundamental / foundation, core and elective courses. The courses are based on a credit structure with 22-26 credit per semester totalling to around 220 credits over for the entire B Tech Program. Every course is assigned lectures, practical and tutorials as per requirement. Students also undergo Technical Internship and Project in the 6th year. The program course content is reviewed every year with industry inputs and feedback.
The school encourages students to learn through experiential mode along with class room delivery. The delivery is very actively supported by Black Board Learning Management System (BBLMS). The BBLMS facilitates learning beyond classroom through YouTube and other online content available on the net. Through this innovative teaching and learning process, students have ample opportunity to learn through different modes. The curriculum also emphasizes on continuous self-learning.
Evaluation is based on continuous assessment throughout the semester with appropriate weightage for in semester work, as well as end semester exams. Different modes of evaluation like open book exam, quiz and viva are available for the faculty to ensure attainment of course and program out-comes as defined above.
To address the 'Ý' Generation needs which expects 24x7 online learning content as a supplement to the classroom learning, several modes of delivery are available, in addition to project based learning, implementation of technology, projects executed in the industry, participation in international competitions, group work etc. This innovation in Pedagogy ensures that students have several learning opportunities matching to their aspirations.