B. Tech. Integrated (6 Year Program)
MPSTME has initiated a unique six year B.Tech. Program for 10th+ students from the academic year 2014-15. The program is being initialized with industry and academia inputs. It has been found from the inputs that 80-90 % students after their diploma opt for degree programs to enhance their career prospects. When they do take admission for degree programs, there is a lot of overlap in the technical content while the lateral entry students lack in mathematics foundation. This program bridges the gaps and prepare the students for a career in the industry.
B. Tech. Integrated
(6 Year Program after 10th Standard)
Unique Features of the Program
- One year inplant training
- Different modes of delivery like online learning, experiential learning etc.
- Curriculum co-designed with industry and professional bodies participation
- Imparting and inculcating soft as well as life skills
- Mentorship to foster academic , professional growth and develop holistic personality of the mentee
- One and half year foundation followed by core subjects with relevant electives based on trending technologies to be opted in 4th and 5th year
Six years full time program
Intake (Mumbai Campus)
- Computer Engineering – 120 Seats
- Civil Engineering – 60 Seats
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering – 60 Seats
- Mechanical Engineering – 60 Seats
The Programme would consist of 12 Semesters, spread over a period of 6 years, with each year having 2 semesters of 6 months duration. Electives are offered in 4th and 5th year which enable the student to enhance skills in their area of interest. Students work in a team on Project in the 5th year. The last year i.e. 6th year is dedicated to Inplant Training.
Curriculum for the program includes adequate balance of fundamental / foundation, core and elective courses. The courses are based on a credit structure with 22-26 credit per semester totalling to around 220 credits over for the entire B Tech Program.
- Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Programming
- Natural Sciences: Physics, Chemistry
- Basic engineering courses like engineering drawing, Basic Electricity and Electronics, Mechanics
- Core courses pertaining to the stream
- Electives- Stream and interdisciplinary
- Life skills and Soft skills: Leadership Development, Personality Development, Team work and Communication
- Employability skills
- Candidate must have passed 10th or equivalent with 70% in aggregate with Science , Mathematics & English as compulsory subjects from ANY BOARD
Teaching, Learning and Evaluation
Every course is assigned lectures, practical and tutorials as per requirement. Faculty enhance learning through experiential mode, blended learning and other teaching aids including industry visits, expert talks by reputed academicians and industrialists, seminars , workshops, mini projects, case studies, etc. The delivery is very actively supported by Student Portal- online Learning Management System. It facilitates learning beyond classroom through a variety of online content. The curriculum also emphasizes on continuous self-learning.
The program curriculum is reviewed every year with industry inputs and feedback.
Evaluation is based on continuous assessment throughout the semester with appropriate weightage for in semester work, as well as end semester exams. Different modes of evaluation like open book exam, quiz and viva are available for the faculty to ensure attainment of course and program out-comes as defined above.
Performance Monitoring and Tracking Mechanism
Attendance and results are closely monitored on a regular basis. Attendance defaulter list is released on a monthly basis and parents are called to make them aware of the default in attendance. Remedial classes/ doubt resolution sessions are held after every test/ exam. Students are encouraged and counselled to focus on studies, meet faculty and solve doubts, and put in 100% efforts. There is an open door policy so students can meet Dean/ Chairperson- BTI, Head of the Department or Faculty.
Each student is allocated a Faculty Mentor for the entire six year period. Periodic meetings betwwne are held to ensure smooth transition to the professional program. Mentors guide and advice the student regarding study skills, goal setting, planning for the future , choosing electives, choosing the best and appropriate MOOC certificaiton , Summer Internships or Summer Schools in India and abroad, participation in college activities and attending competitions on national and international platform. Parents can meet the faculty and Mentors on the periodic basis.
Focus on Holistic Growth:
There ar ample opportunities on campus which encourage holistic growth of the student through patiicpation in activities of:
- Professional Chapters
- Student Council ; Technical, Cultural, Editorial Board, Sports, Social Conclave, Research Cell
-Student Committees like Innovation and Entrepreneurship Cell Intenrational and National Compettiions : NASA, Havard MUN, Robocon etc.