MBA Tech. chemical Engineering
The MBA Tech. program is a dual degree program in which the students get both the B. Tech. degree and the MBA degree in Technology Management in 5 years.
MPSTME, NMIMS has always been in the forefront in offering courses which are of international standards and giving opportunity to students to be industry ready. Over the years, through strong industry linkages, NMIMS has identified a need for techno managers.
With increasing use of technology in every field, organizations are looking for human resources which not only understand business practices and appreciate technology in their domain, but also understand its impact on technological decisions & vice versa. Industry also seeks people who can multitask and have ability of delivering results quickly.
The MBA Tech. program is specially designed to meet this growing need. NMIMS is one of the few institutes in the country which offers this program. The programs have been tailored by leading academicians and experts from the industry to develop students into techno-managers with multitasking abilities.
In this 5 year program, students get trained to be Chemical Engineers & begin training for their MBA degree in the 4th year. The rigorous program also offers two summer internships to the students so that they can understand some of their learning in practice and get first-hand experience of how the industry functions. At the end of 5 years students are equipped to understand the expectations of the industry. This helps them when they are finally placed through MPSTME.
The course of study for the Master of Business Administration in Technology, MBA-Tech. shall extend over five years consisting of ten semesters.
Chemical Engineering – 30 Seats
To develop new age leaders achieve excellence in business by leveraging latest technologies
- To become the most preferred institution providing a blend of Technology and Management learnings.
- To build a business leader who will drive innovative use of technology in corporate world
- To create an ‘industry-ready’ resource through development of state-of-the-art curriculum delivered by a top-notch faculty
- To develop students to work in a social and ethical framework and make significant contribution to society at large
Board Of Studies
- Dr. Bansi Lal; Ex- President Calyx Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Dr. DEBAPRIYA MANDAL; B Tech (CHEMICAL ENGG), PhD (CHEMICAL ENGG); Head, AMMD, BARC, Trombay, Mumbai
- Dr. Alpana Mahapatra B.Sc. (Hons.).(Chemistry), B. Tech. (Chem. Engg.), M. Tech. (Process Engg. & Design), Ph.D. (Technology)
MBA Tech Chemical (Management Courses)
- Mr. Shahrokh Bogli, Strota Georystems Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Mr. Satish Mittal, Vice President, Vodafone Ltd.
- Mr. Nirmal Humbad, Managing Director, Dorch Consultant
- Mr. Vijay Chondok, President, ICICI Bank
- Mr. Sunil Khanna, Emersons Network Power Ltd.
- Mr. Shrikant Bapat, Johnson Controls India
- Mr. Harish Chatterjee , Raymond Ltd.
- Mr. Hemant Narvekar, Siemens Ltd.
Unique Features of the Program
Technical Industrial program (TIP) of 8 weeks based on the Chemical Technology learned by the students, and a Management Internship Program (MIP) of 20 weeks based on the management skills learned in the management courses during the MBA Tech program.
The periodical review and revision of syllabus and its implementation will be based on feedback from students, faculty and industry to ensure the relevance of program to the industry needs.
Techno Managers are at the interface of Technology and Management. Hence they comprehend and implement newer Technologist effectively.
Highly Experienced and well qualified faculties are there to teach and facilitate the knowledge acquisition by the students. The curriculum is developed by all the top notches from academia and Industry to give students the blend of theoretical, industrial and practical knowledge.
The teaching methodology is based on concept development by experimentation, case studies and suitable examples from Industries.
After successful completion of this program, these professionals who have acquired a combined knowledge of engineering and management will be able to contribute effectively to the business objectives. MBA-Tech is a management course designed to meet growing requirements of digital economy in industry sectors.
Value Proposition for MBA (TECH) Chemical
The NMIMS philosophy has always been about all-round development of students. Apart from ensuring academic excellence , a plethora of activities are organised to help students to take initiatives and bring to the fore their un-utilized and lesser known potentials in any sector – be it sports, culture or academics. Most of the programmes, activities and initiatives are completely run and managed by student bodies; which ingrain in them the qualities of leadership, planning, strategizing, budgeting, teamwork, managing or sharing responsibilities and meeting deadlines.