Padmanabha Aital (Dr.)
Ph.D (IITB), M.E (BITS Pilani),B.E (SJCE, University of Mysore)
Areas of Specialization
Operations Management, Operations Strategy, Project Management, Logistics & Supply chain Management, Total Quality Management & Six Sigma methodologies, Lean & Agile Manufacturing .
Honors and Awards:
Govt.of India- National Merit Scholarship, Govt.of Karnataka- Post-metric Scholarship
Memberships of Professional bodies:
- FIE, Institution of Engineers (IE), India.
- Member, Society of Operations Management (SOM), India
- Member, Operations Research Society of India (ORSI), India
- Member, Chartered Institute of Logistics Transport, U.K
- Member, Global Institute of Flexible Management Society., India
- Member, Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, (IETE),India
- Member, Computer Society of India (CSI), India
- Life Member, Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE), India.
Members of editorial board:
Guest Editor of International Journal of Process Management and Benchmarking (IJPMB) (Inderscience Publication)
Operations Strategy, Operations Management, Service Operations Management, Project Management, Advanced Project Management, Project Risk Management, Project Portfolio and Program Management, Supply Chain and Logistics Management, Quality function deployment for Product Innovation , Quality Management and Practises, Lean Six sigma, World Class Manufacturing and Research Methodology
Teaching experience: 23 years
Industry experience: 1.5 yrs
Administrative roles in the school/University:
1. Head- Research committee (2016-17)
2. Co-ordinator – Research Projects 1 &2 – (2015 -16 & 2016-17)
3. Co-ordinator – Research Projects- (2017-18).
Earlier administrative assignment-
- Deputy Director, Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM), Nashik
- Member, Board of studies (BOS), Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune
- Member NAAC accreditation Committee, SIOM Nashik
- Doctoral Research Guide, Faculty of Management (FOM), Symbiosis International University (SIU) Pune
- Co-ordinator, International Programs – Munich University, Germany & Bremen University, Germany for Student Exchange and Summer School Program from SIOM Nashik
- Head, Academics & Research, SIOM Nashik
- Head, Internal Audit Committee, SIOM Nashik
- Head, Six sigma Projects committee, SIOM Nashik
- Committee Head, Library and Information Center, SIOM Nashik
- Co-ordinator, Research Projects,Fourth Year, MBA (Tech) Program.
- Convener, Doctoral Advisory Committee (DAC), IBS Hyderabad (From July’2010 till date)
- Member, Board of Studies (BOS) for Advanced Software Technology (AST) Program at ISQUAREIT Pune (From Sept’2007 to Nov’2009)
- Head of the Department of AST at ISQUAREIT Pune for an year (Nov’ 2008 to Nov’2009)
A New Approach to Bayesian Model Applications in Software Reliability
Service operations issues, Humanitarian Logistics, Supplychain surplus, performance, optimisation & sustainability issues, Software reliability, dependability, RCD & RCM
- Prince Vijay and Padmanabha Aital (2016), Chapter 1, Green Supply Chain Management:Resource allocation strategies for sustainable operations,1-23, Strategic Management of Sustainable Manufacturing Operations, A volume in the Advances in Logistics,Operations, and Management Science (ALOMS)Book Series,Business Science Reference, An Imprint of IGI Global.
- Rameshwar Dubey, Vandana Sonwaney and Padmanabha Aital, Strategies for Managing Innovations in India, to be published in Innovation Science Handbook by McGraw Hill, NY Edition (Edited book by Dr.Brett Trusko)- Under Review
- Prince Vijay,G.S.R,Somayaji,R.J.R.Swamy and Dr.Padmanabha Aital, Relevance of F.W. Taylor's Principles to Modern Shop-Floor Practices: A Benchmarking Workstudy,"Benchmarking: An International Journal." An Emerald Publication, 2017, Vol. 24 Issue: 2, pp.445-466
- Rajesh Patil,Abhishek Behl and Padmanabha Aital, Six Sigma: An Overview and Further Research Directions, International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management (IJPQM)- An Inderscience publication,2017,vol.22, No.2,pp 141-169.
- Prashant Pawar, Abhishek Behl and Padmanabha Aital, A Systematic Literature Review on Electronic Reverse Auction (eRA):Issues and Research Discussion, International Journal of Procurement Management (IJPM)- An Inderscience Publication,2017, vol 10. No.3, pp 290 -310
- Prince Vijay and Padmanabha Aital, "The impact of costs and demand correlation on optimal capacity acquisition under demand uncertainty for a multi-resource firm."International Journal of Operational Research", An Inderscience publication -submitted for review.
- Rameshwar Dubey and Padmanabha Aital, A qualitative study of factors affecting the synchronous flow of materials and their impact on the bottom line, International Journal of Business Excellence(IJBEX), An Inderscience Publication, 2015, Vol 8, No.3,pp 357-374.
- Rameshwar Dubey, Vandana S, Padmanabha Aital, V.G. Venkatesh and Sadia Samar Ali, Antecedents of innovation and contextual relationship,International Journal of Business Innovation and Research (IJBIR) An Inderscience Publication,2015,vol9,No.1,pp 1-14.
- A two day PM Conclave on ‘’ PM in an era of disruption’’ at Hotel Holiday Inn in Mumbai from 18th Nov 2017 to 19th Nov. 2017.
- A two day Quality Circle event at a Hotel in MADH Island for Pedagogy & Curriculum Innovation from 11th July 2017 to 12th July 2017.
Official Email Id
Office Phone No.