Ravi Prakashrao Terkar
B.E., M.Tech. (Production Engineering), Ph.D. (Engineering)
Areas of Specialization
He teaches subjects such as Theory of Machine, Manufacturing Process, Engineering Drawing, Production Planning and Control, Product Design & Development, Industrial Management etc. He started his career as production engineer at Latur. He become a lecturer in 2000 and was appointed as Training & Placement Officer at Terna Engineering College in 2003-2011. He conducted 537 recruitment programs of top brand companies during his tenure as placement officer. He has played a major role in industry institute interaction at Terna. From 2011, he is working as an Associate Professor at NMIMS, Mumbai. He played major role for setting the Alumni Association and workshop at MPSTME, NMIMS. He is doing research in the Remanufacturing area and submitted the thesis in August 2013 to University. Ravi Terkar is known for his singing of ‘Kishore Kumars’ song and also published hindi Poetry book ‘Hasarate’ in 2011. His many poems are motivational and well appreciated by many celebrities.
Research & Publications
Paper Published in Journals:
- Terkar, R., Vasudevan, H., Sunnapwar, V. & Kalamkar, V. 2011. Perfect Product Launching Strategies in the Context of Survival of Small Scale Consumer Product industries. ICSTM 2011, CCIS 145, pp, 321-326, 2011, Springer –Verlag Barlin Heidalberg 2011.
- Dr. Ravi Terkar., March 2015 “Read To Remanufacturing and Profitability” The Journal of AIMA All Indian Management Association, A Business Standard Publication, Volume 54, Issue 03, PP-44.
- Vasudevan H., Kalamkar V. and Terkar R. (2012), Remanufacturing for Sustainable Development: Key Challenges, Elements, and Benefits. International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology vol. 3 no. 1, pp. 84-89.
- Terkar R., Vasudevan H. and Kalamkar V. (2012), Importance of Closed Loop Supply Chain in the Product Recovery Processes such as Remanufacturing, Special Issue of International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) ISSN: 2248-9622, p.p. 121-127.
- Terkar R., Vasudevan H. and Kalamkar V. (2013), Enhance the Productivity Trough Cost and Lead Time Reduction In Remanufacturing, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering & Technology (IJMET), Volume 4, Issue 2, p.p. 286-297.
- Terkar R., Vasudevan H. and Kalamkar V. (2013), Remanufacturing for Profitability and Green Growth Sustainability: A case study of Printer Cartridge Sector in India, International Journal of Production Technology and Management (IJPTM), Volume 4, Issue 1,
- Terkar R., Vasudevan H. and Kalamkar V., (2013) Exploring the Potential of Remanufacturing in Indian Industries for Sustainability and economic growth , Special Issue of Frugal Innovation, International Journal of Indian Business Research, Emerald Publication (Working on reviewer comments).
- NMIMS University Awarded ‘Best Faculty ‘ of Year 2013-14’
- Ph.D. in (Engineering) topic ‘Exploring Product Cannibalization and Benefits of Remanufacturing in the Context of a Remanufactured and its Counterpart New Product’ is well appreciated and suggested to send a copy to Government of India for development of ‘Remanufacturing’ sector in India.
- As a Training & Placement Officer from 2003-2011, conducted 537 recruitment program.
- Member of Board of Studies of Mechanical Engineering for formulating and Introducing Innovative Syllabus in Mechanical Engineering.
- Nominated in 14 International Conferences as ‘Committee Member’ this held at France, Korea, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Italy, Korea, Georgia etc.
Total Experience: 17 Years
Associate Professor : 04 Years
Training & Placement Officer in the grade of 5th pay Assistant Professor : Mumbai University Approved Post : 09 Years
Lecturer : 02 Years
Industrial Experince : 02 Years
* SVKM’s NMIMS Deemed University - Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering
April 2011 - Till Date
* Terna Engineering College - February 2003-April 2011
* Savitribai Phule Women’s Polytechnic & Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune - September 2001– January 2003
* Maharashtra College of Engineering - September 2000–September 2001
Official Email Id
Office Phone No.