Prof. Suresh Mhatre
Sr. Adjunct Faculty
Areas of Specialization
Academic and Professional Qualification:
- 1995 - Fellow (Institute of Management Consultants of India) IMCI, India
- 1990 - Fellow (Institution of Engineers) IE, Kolkata
- 1978 - Master’s in Engineering (Industrial and Systems Engineering) University of Florida, USA
- 1977 - Bachelor’s in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) University of Mumbai, India
Honors and Awards:
- Outstanding Young Persons (OYP) award by Maharashtra Junior Chamber, 1990 for Excellence in the field of Technology.
- National award by Institute of Engineers for the Best Case Study in the year 1991.
- SAP Best Project in E Governance, 2008
- National award for Best Project in e-Governance, 2009
- Edge Award for Best Project, 2011
- India Patent (2750/MUM/2013) for Model for evaluating maturity of e-governance systems in ULBs
Memberships of Professional bodies:
- Certified Management Consultant, Institute of Management Consultants of India, Mumbai, India
- Bombay Management Association
• Emerging Technologies
In MPSTME of NMIMS since Nov 2014
TCS Ltd. From 1978 till Oct 2014
Administrative roles in the school/University
Chairman, General Management
- “Accreditation of Colleges”. Presentation to the 1st World Summit on Accreditation held in The Ashok, New Delhi in March 2012.
- “Academia and Industry Interface”. Presentation to the 2nd World Summit on Accreditation held in The Ashok, New Delhi in March 2014.
- “Health Informatics” published in BMA Review May-June 2003.
- "Promotion of Software Exports". Written for Government of India Expert Committee.
- "Corporate Planning Model for the BEST", with Dr. N. R. Bhalerao, published in in-house journal (1980).
- "Behavioural and Environmental Influence on Project Management", with Anjali Pendse published in the Journal of Construction Management, (Volume II, Number II July).
- "Software requirements for Project Management", published in the Journal of Construction Management, (Volume III, Number II), January 1989 by NICMAR.
- "Monitoring of Super Thermal Power Stations" presented at International Seminar on "Power Engineering " in Bhopal in January 1990 and published in IEEE publications.
- "Zero Date Planning of Tunnels using a TBM " published in August 1990, in Institution of Engineering. The publication won the National Award for the best Case Study in the year 1990.
- "Concreting of Bombay Roads" with P.Z. Ganatra and Rajan Marathe published in the Journal of Construction Management (Vol. VI, Number I) January 1990 by NICMAR.
- "Project Cost Control" published in Institution of Engineering Journal, January 1992.
- "Computerised Project Management - Case Studies in Failures" presented in National Conference on Construction organised by Planning Commission in New Delhi, 6-8 July, 1994.
- "Some Experiences with Networks" published in NICMAR Journal, March 1992.
- "Restructuring using IT" presented at the 7th National Convention, IMCI, Hyderabad in Dec '96.
- "BPR Case Study - Customer Satisfaction in MTNL" presented at the 6th National Convention, IMCI in Jan '96.
- "OR Techniques in S/w Project Management" presented at the 29th National Convention of IIIE, Dec '96.
Official Email Id
Office Phone No.
+91-22 4322 4014