M.Tech. Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
NMIMS Deemed to be University has started Full Time Industrial Automation / Computer Engineering / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Data Sciences. The courses have been tailored by leading academicians and experts from the industries. The emphases have been given to latest development in industry wherein expertise is required. The steps have been taken to further strengthen the present system in the country while framing the syllabus.
The course of study of M.Tech in each specialization shall extend over two years consisting of three trimesters for the first year and then carry out research work on industry related project followed by Submission of Dissertation in the second year.
18 seats in each specialization of M. Tech. Programmes.
- Dedicated, qualified faculty to ensure high standards of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation processes.
- Semester system with proper planning to utilize the resources effectively and efficiently.
- State-of-the-art facilities to provide ambience and support for curricula and extra curricula activities for the overall development of students.
- Industry visits and industry-based project work as part of the curricula to get recognition and rewards to the students in the form of job offers or support for further studies and research.
Board of Studies
- Prof. N.S.T. Sai (External Member), Technical Advisor, Tech Mahindra
- Prof. K.S. Kinage (External Member), Associate Professor and HOD, EXTC, D.J.Sanghavi College of Engg.
- Mr. Saurav Srivashtav (External Member), NEC, India
- Mr. Ramani Iyer, Expert (External Member) (Ex. C.G.M.,DOT)
- Dr. T. S. Rathore (External Member), Dean – R & D Dept., St. Fransis
- Ms. Sivakamy Rajgopalan (External Member), Deputy Director General Public Grievance, DOT, Mumbai
- Dr. Amit Deshmukh (External Member), HOD – EXTC Dept
Highly dedicated and motivated faculty team is more of a facilitator than a traditional teacher. A talented pool of mentors from industry and academia has enriched the learning procedure by nurturing critical thinking among the youngsters to apply their learning within the course to real-time applications in the industry.
- Updated Curriculum - Curriculum for the M.Tech. course is continuously improvised based on inputs from Industry Experts and also keeping in mind the upcoming trends in the technology sector, to provide the best quality training to the students and keep them in sync with the happenings in their disciplines.
- Application Orientation - State-of-the-art laboratories facilitate the students to apply and implement the concepts conceived during theory sessions. The course includes Industrial Training in a sandwiched pattern to keep the students aware and updated about the current trends and developments in the market. In most of the subjects, there are theory and practical classes.
- Academic Rigour - Students are evaluated with multiple assignments, hands-on exercises, mini projects, surprise tests, group activities and presentations. All resources are available to them online via the Blackboard e-Education Platform of NMIMS. Student is required to have minimum 80% attendance in the classes for every subject and must complete all the term work prescribed for the subjects.
- For every subject, 50 marks will be assigned for continuous assessment: 5 marks for attendance, 20 marks for class tests, 25 marks for term work containing practical work, and/or assignments and practical/oral exam. The term end exam will be assigned marks out of 50. For passing in a subject, student must obtain a minimum of 50% marks in combined total of continuous assessment and term end exam.
- The class will be awarded at the end of every year on the basis of total marks or Grade point Average obtained by the student subject to earning prescribed minimum credits during the year.
- Insight Development - Credit system with flexibility is planned to allow students to learn at their own pace. A number of co-curricular projects are offered to develop the holistic perspective of students towards the emerging technology trends. This acts as an industry interface for the students, which transforms them into professionals.