Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
To meet the increasing demand of trained manpower in the field of Computer Applications, NMIMS Deemed to be University ( as per UGC Norms) has launched the 3 years Postgraduate MCA Program with an intake of 60 seats at Mumbai campus under Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management & Engineering.
The course of study for the Master of Computer Application shall extend over three years consisting of fifteen trimesters.
- Trimester pattern to ensure effective and useful resource utilization.
- Frequent seminars for students with eminent speakers from industry and academia on current topics.
- Departmental Seminar by students on regular basis.
- Tech fests to encourage logical thinking and research orientation.
- Quiz Contests and debate on current technology trends for knowledge dissemination.
- Industry Orientation by expert support from the industry.
Program Incharge's Message
The graduate from the MPSTME is an analytically and technically sound person. The courses we conduct here as part of the curriculum are helpful in strengthening the student’s ability to efficiently approach problems and brings out efficient solutions. We provide wide range of electives third year onwards to gain the knowledge and research orientation as per industry requirement.
Board Of Studies
- Dr. D.J. Shah - Professor & Dean - Chairman
- Dr. Pradeep Kumar - Dean (Technology Management), NMIMS - Member
- Prof. R.R. Sedamkar - Associate Dean, MPSTME (Shirpur Campus) - Member
- Mr. Pravin Shrinath - HOD - Member
- Prof. H.B. Kekre - Sr. Professor (Computer), MPSTME - Member
- Mr. Sudeep Thepade - Asst. Professor (Computer), MPSTME - Member
- Mr. Dhirendra Mishra - Asst. Professor (Computer), MPSTME - Member
- Dr. Sasikumar M. - Principal Research Scientist, CDAC - Member
- Prof. M.V. Deshpande - Associate Professor and HOD, Comp Engg, D.J.sanghavi College of Engg. - Member
- Dr. S.G. Bhirud - Assistant Prof. of Computer Engg, VJTI - Member
- Dr. Srikantha Rao - Expert - Member
- Dedicated, qualified faculty to ensure high standards of Teaching, Learning and Evaluation processes.
- Semester system with proper planning to utilize the resources effectively and efficiently.
- State-of-the-art facilities to provide ambience and support for curricula and extra curricula activities for the overall development of students.
- Industry visits and industry based project work as part of the curricula to get recognition and reward to the students in the form of job offer or support for further studies and research.
The highly dedicated and motivated faculty team is more of a facilitator than a traditional teacher. A talented pool of mentors from industry and academia has enriched the learning procedure by nurturing critical thinking among the youngsters to apply their learning within the course to real-time applications in the industry.
- Updated Curriculum - The Curriculum for MCA course is continuously improvised based on inputs from Industry Experts and also keeping in mind the upcoming trends in the management and technology sector, to provide best quality training to the students and keep them in sync with the happenings in their disciplines.
- Application Orientation - The state-of-the-art laboratories facilitate the students to apply and implement the concepts conceived during theory sessions. The course includes Industrial Training in a sandwiched pattern to keep the students aware and updated about the current trends and developments in the market. In most of the subjects, there will be theory and practical classes.
- Academic Rigour - Students are evaluated with multiple assignments, hands-on exercises, mini projects, surprise tests, group activities and presentations. All the resources are available to them online via the Blackboard e-Education Platform of NMIMS.
- Insight Development - A number of co-curricular projects are offered to develop the holistic perspective of students towards the emerging technology trends. They act as an industry interface for students, which transform them into professionals.