ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Four year Full Time B.Tech. in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with the intake mentioned for Mumbai Campus.
Mumbai – 60 Seats
Unique Features of the Program
- Semester pattern to ensure effective and useful resource utilization.
- Frequent seminars for students with eminent speakers from industry and academia on current topics
- The periodic review and revision of curricula based on feedback from the industry with quick response to ensure the relevance of the programs to the changing needs of industry.
- Tech fests to encourage logical thinking and research orientation
- The industry visits and industry based project work as part of the curricula to get recognition and reward to the students in the form of job offer or support for further studies and research.
- Quiz Contests and debate on current technology trends for knowledge dissemination
To build a strong teaching and research environment that caters to the needs of fast growing telecommunication domain.
Provide internationally recognized leaders in Electronics and Telecommunication, through a continuously improving educational program incorporating applied engineering aspects.
Create the knowledge of fundamental principles and innovative technologies through research in the area of Electronics and Telecommunication and hence teach the students the necessary research skills which satisfy the needs of growing economy.
Board of Studies - External Members
- Dr. Siddharth Duttagupta, Professor – Electrical Dept. IIT Mumbai
- Dr. N. S. T. Sai, Senior Manager – Higher Education, Tech Mahindra Ltd.
- Dr. R. D. Daruwala, Dean & Professor, VJTI Mumbai
- Mr. Saurabh Srivastava, Assistant Vice President and Head L&D at Jio
- Dr. Kushal R. Tuckley, Chairman, Head, R & D AGV Systems Pvt. Ltd
- Mr. Ramani Iyer, Ex. C. G. M. DOT, Govt. of India
- Ms. Sivakamy Rajagopalan, Deputy Director General Public Grievance, DOT – Mumbai
B.Tech (EXTC) - Programme Educational Objectives (PEO):
- Technical Growth - Graduates will be successful in modern engineering practice and entrepreneurship, integrate into the local and global workforce, and contribute to the economy of India.
- Professional Skills - Graduates will continue to acquire and demonstrate the professional skills necessary to be competent employees, assume leadership roles, and enjoy career success and satisfaction.
- Professional Attitude and Citizenship - Graduates will become productive citizens demonstrating high ethical and professional standards, make sound engineering or managerial decisions, and have enthusiasm for the profession and professional growth.
B.Tech (EXTC) - Student Outcomes (SOs):
Graduates of the B.Tech. in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering program will have an ability to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Annual Student Enrollment and Graduation data
Teaching, Learning and Evaluation
Curriculum for the program includes adequate balance of fundamental / foundation, core and elective courses. The courses are based on a credit structure with 22-26 credit per semester totalling to around 180 credits over for the entire B Tech Program. Every course is assigned lectures, practicals and tutorials as per requirement. Students also undergo technical entrepreneurship and project in the 4th year. The program course content is reviewed every year with industry inputs and participation.
The school encourages students to learn through experiential mode along with class room delivery. The delivery is very actively supported by Black Board Learning Management System (BBLMS). The BBLMS facilitates learning beyond classroom through YouTube and other online content available on the net. Through this innovative teaching and learning process, students have ample opportunity to learn through different modes. The curriculum also emphasises on continuous self-learning.
Evaluation is based on continuous assessment throughout semester with appropriate weightage for in semester work, as well as end semester exams. Different modes of evaluation like open book exam, quiz and viva are available for the faculty to ensure attainment of course and program out-comes as defined above.
To address the ‘ Ý ’Generation needs which expects 24x7 online learning content as a supplement to the classroom learning, several modes of delivery are available, in addition to project based learning, implementation of technology, projects executed in the industry, participation in international competitions, group work etc. This innovation in Pedagogy ensures that students have several learning opportunities matching to their aspirations.
Students completing the program are found to be highly employable due to the innovative teaching – learning process adopted along with different modes of evaluation. Due to the emphasis on continuous self-learning, students are ready to undertake research in different emerging and disrupting technologies. Several opportunities are available to the students to pursue entrepreneurial traits leading to initiation of start-ups.